The eco villa has its own green credentials including low volt lighting, A+ class fridge/freezer, solar water heater, linen is changed once a week in order to save water, use of well water and been renovated using stone from the properties land.
The villa is "Off the National Grid" and gives guests the opportunity to experience firsthand, living with solar panels and wind turbines and using the latest renewable energy systems. It has been installed the most up to date energy systems on offer, and they work very efficiently. The system is the largest on Lanzarote and runs on a 48 Volt system and has no problem powering the 16 dwellings on site. Other Green credentials include use of Grey water, Led lighting, solar pool heating, use of well water for pool, A+ class Fridge, half flush toilets, solar water heater, organic fruit and veg and within walking/cycling distance to amenities.
Other environmental practices we follow are:
- Waste reduction: We encourage recycling and have bins locally. Any organic waste can be given to our chickens.
- Conserving water: We ask client to be use water sparingly. We use our own well water which is used for the swimming pool, we also use our grey water on our palm trees.
- Conserving electricity: We use only Wind turbines and solar panels.
- Encouraging wildlife: We have planted many native trees and bushes to encourage birds.
- Organic gardening practices: The retreat has a number of fruit trees and plants such as tomatoes, potatoes, spinach, basil strawberries etc..
- Building materials: the entire retreat has been built using stone from the 30,000 meter estate.
- The well and water tanks which are on the land and originally used for irrigating the farm land have been fully restored.
- Measures to educate staff & guests about our environmental practices - We educate guests/staff and local schools on the Eco energy system provided.
- Office practices: We have low energy lighting, and reuse paper.
The local stone and trades men we use have helped bring the retreat to a beautifully finished paradise.
We promote rural tourism to our guests and encourage them to eat out locally and use local amenities such as shops, sports facilities, restaurants, farmers markets etc... We offer excursions for local schools to visit the retreat and see the effectiveness of the solar/wind system.
Luxury large yurt, inc Hybrid car for 2-6 guests
From 2100 - 2730 per accommodation per week
Stunning 360Ί views from an off grid retreat, ideal couples/single travelers
From 665 - 910 per couple per week