We understand that purchasing vacations from vacation companies whom you may not know may cause some concerns especially when they are based overseas. Responsible Travel have been trading with the majority of our vacation providers for numerous years and they have proven track records with the company regarding the quality of vacations they run and their financial standing.
We are here to help!
As soon as you believe the company has ceased trading or is in difficulty you must call us immediately on 917-512-2751 asking for the Finance Department and quoting “Buyer Protection”.
We will then obtain some initial details from you and try to resolve the situation before any further issues arise.
Our Buyers Protection scheme applies as below:
When our Buyers Protection scheme is not applicable:
- Only clients who have purchased a vacation after first making contact with the vacation provider via the Responsible Travel site are eligible for this Buyer Protection scheme.
- As soon as you believe the vacation provider has ceased trading or is in difficulty you must call us immediately.
- This policy will come into effect only in circumstances when the vacation provider ceases trading and therefore they are unable to refund to you the monies you have already paid to them.
- This scheme applies only to the vacation transaction—it is not a warranty of any kind.
- This scheme will come into effect only once all options available to you to obtain a refund have been exhausted (e.g. insurance or credit card claim, settlement from the vacation provider, settlement from UK bonding, etc).
- Proof of unsuccessful claims on your travel insurance, credit card, bonding agent would be required prior to Responsible Travel being able to refund you.
- We will not compensate you beyond the terms of the vacation provider. This means that we will refund the cost of the vacation you booked with the vacation provider via our site, but not additional extra cost you may have incurred, including but not limited to flights, taxis, other travel arrangements or associated costs.
- Proof of booking will be required in the format of the vacation provider invoice clearly showing the vacation details, costs and any funds paid.
- Proof of funds paid would be required if not shown on the vacation providers invoice.
- In order to verify your claim, acceptable proof that the vacation provider has cancelled your vacation because they have ceased trading may be sort by Responsible Travel before any refund can be made.
- We may reasonably request further supporting documentation we consider necessary to process any claim.
- Responsible Travel endeavours to consider your claim promptly.
- Responsible Travel will endeavour to affect a refund as efficiently as possible.
- Responsible Travel may provide or give the vacation provider / client access to each other's names, email addresses, other contact information, and other information relating to the claim, including without limitation, any relevant documentation obtained from a third party.
- Our buyers protection scheme is not a substitute for travel insurance and Responsible Travel strongly recommends that you have suitable travel insurance cover for your vacation
- Our scheme applies only where you have adequate travel insurance in place (which includes cancellation and failure of the tour operator or vacation provider cover)
- This scheme is at the discretion of Responsible Travel directors and their decision is final. Responsible Travel accepts no liability in offering this scheme and operates it in good faith only to give extended assurance to our clients that they can book via Responsible Travel with confidence.
- This scheme is not applicable to travelers who have already booked their vacation with one of our vacation providers and then contact the vacation providers via the Responsible Travel site regarding the same booking.
- This scheme is not applicable when vacations are not booked via Responsible Travel website.
- This scheme does not come into effect for any vacations that have taken place but where you may not be satisfied. In such cases, if you are not satisfied with your vacation then the first step is to resolve it with our supplier while you are in the destination. However, if you need further help please contact us on your return and we will speak with the vacation providers as we aim to conclude the matter in a satisfactory manner for both parties.
- This scheme does not apply where the vacation provider ceases trading due to political disputes, border closures, refusal of visas, industrial action, climate or other matters of a similar nature and any other force majeure / act of God.
- This scheme is not applicable where no funds have exchanged hands.