Responsible Travel is the world's leading marketing platform for tour operators and accommodation owners committed to responsible tourism
with over 375 specialist operators and hundreds of accommodations worldwide. We only promote vacations that have been carefully pre-screened by us to ensure they meet our criteria for responsible tourism and members must provide visitors with a real connection with the people, the landscape, the culture and the environment. We call this helping them to 'travel like a local'.
Current job vacancies:
Responsible Travel - Account Manager: £22,000 - £23,500 + commission - Brighton, UK
Responsible Travel is the world's leading responsible vacation's site representing 390 specialist operators. All the operators and vacations are pre-screened by us to ensure that they meet our rigorous criteria for responsible tourism. Operators pay a fee to appear on the site and we receive a commission on confirmed bookings. The position of an account manager is to manage the relationship with these operators and ensure that both parties are happy with the service being provided.
The main objective of the Account Manager is to maximize the financial returns that we make from the tour operators and accommodations we represent (our members) and to ensure that we exceed their expectations of membership and subsequently renew their membership.
The key tasks
1) Manage the relationship with existing members to ensure that:
- The information on the pages is accurate
- We have their full range of (qualified) product
- They are effectively tracking bookings and using our extranet to declare bookings This will involve largely email and telephone communication with occasional face-to-face meetings.
2) Optimize the marketing of member's vacations:
- Select the best search terms, write meta tags & copy write pages
- Promote vacations in the most relevant places
- Create and monitor online ads for members' pages. You will be responsible for pay-per-click advertising campaigns
- Be proactive around special offers/late availability that can be used on the site, e-newsletters or in PR
3) Monitor business performance:
- Produce monthly reports on the business performance of the accounts managed for discussion and action
- Identify and rectify problems resulting from us not generating sufficient leads, members not converting or declaring bookings, or members not replying well to leads (identified by in-house customer services, or as a likely cause of low booking numbers)
4) Sell ezine slots and content marketing packages to our members.
5) Take calls from customers on an overflow basis if our help desk staff are all on calls.
6) Represent Responsible Travel and all it seeks to achieve in improving the tourism industry.
Key skills and experience
Excellent analytical skills, high level of numeracy, excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience of managing commercial account relationships are all are key requirements for the role. An understanding of Google PPC is advantageous. Previous commercial experience is essential.
You would be part of a team of three Account Managers. All Account Managers report to Richard Skinner, the Operations Director. The salary is £22,000 - £23,500 depending on experience. In addition, commission earned on sales to members is approx £2,000 a year. The position is office based in Brighton, UK. We are looking for someone who is living in the UK now. No agencies. The start date will be 16th January.
Please apply by email with CV and covering letter to email@example.com
by the closing date of Wednesday 14th December.
[Posted: 24 Nov 2016]
Jobs we never have
We are based in south-east England, in Brighton (we do not have offices elsewhere) and as we do not operate tours we do not employ guides, tour leaders, activity co-ordinators, trip organisers, or anybody outside the UK.