Responsible Travel is the world's leading marketing platform for tour operators and accommodation owners committed to responsible tourism
with over 375 specialist operators and hundreds of accommodations worldwide. We only promote vacations that have been carefully pre-screened by us to ensure they meet our criteria for responsible tourism and members must provide visitors with a real connection with the people, the landscape, the culture and the environment. We call this helping them to 'travel like a local'.
Job vacancies in travel companies
PR Manager (temporary maternity cover) - Responsible Travel: £27,000 - Brighton, UK
About the role
Working as part of a small marketing team you will be responsible for getting Responsible Travel spoken about in the consumer press, helping us to increase awareness of our brand, and will be an articulate advocate of our views. You will also manage how we share our stories with our customers; delivering marketing content for our weekly ezines sent to our large customer database and posting to our social media channels.
You will work closely with another part-time PR Manager, and will report into the Marketing Director. You will also work closely with our Managing Director, Video Editor and Ezine/IT Projects Manager.
- Developing and pitching stories to the consumer press in line with our 2017 PR strategy - 'products for a changing world'.
- Maintaining and building relationships with journalists.
- Writing and building press releases and blog posts where necessary.
- Managing the Responsible Travel media log and media records, tracking and recording coverage.
- Dealing with day-to-day media enquiries.
- Being an articulate advocate of Responsible Travel's views and responsible tourism policies.
- Working with other members of the marketing team to manage the Responsible Travel ezine calendar, and writing marketing content for the weekly ezine.
- Managing the Responsible Travel social media sites, posting to Twitter and Facebook as necessary.
Details and applications
- Previous PR experience is essential, ideally in travel and with existing relationships with consumer travel journalists.
- Proven track record of an ability to successfully tailor and pitch stories to a wide range of publications.
- An ability to learn, understand and communicate complex issues in responsible tourism. An existing understanding of, and passion for responsible tourism is an advantage but not essential.
- You will also be able to build strong relationships with consumer journalists across a wide range of sectors - including travel writers, ethical business writers, environmental writers and political commentators.
- You must be highly articulate with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You will have excellent attention to detail.
- You will be able to be flexible as required and multitask.
- This role is temporary for a fixed term and to cover maternity leave.
- Start date: 5th June 2017.
- Salary: £27,000 p.a.
This role is full time and based in the Responsible Travel office in central Brighton, UK. You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply.
No agencies please.
For more information or to apply please email your CV and covering letter to Tim Williamson, Marketing Director firstname.lastname@example.org
by the closing date of 31 March.
[Posted: 28 Feb 2017]
Jobs we never have
We are based in south-east England, in Brighton (we do not have offices elsewhere) and as we do not operate tours we do not employ guides, tour leaders, activity co-ordinators, trip organisers, or anybody outside the UK.