This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
Responsible tourism: Amalfi Coast vacation, classic tour
This tour will show you the best Southern Italy has to offer! Discover Pompeii and Herculaneum, with some of the worlds most famous archaeological sites, to that of the Maritime Republics, with a visit to the town of Amalfi.
To delight the eye, archaeological beauty, but also beautiful landscapes characterized by two distinctive shapes: that of the "faraglioni" (cliffs) of Capri (large rocky cliffs emerging from the water near the coast) and that of Vesuvius, a volcano (active) among the most famous in the world.
When planning our tours we are careful to select accommodations, restaurants and transport that demonstrates sustainable environmental stewardship, using local materials and produce whenever possible. We pay attention to the impact of travel and tourism on seasonal, natural and agricultural events, to minimise the impact on the local environment (harvest, plant growth, endangered wildlife, or mating seasons, etc.).
With every tour we do our best to apply the principles of responsible tourism, enshrined in the charter of the Association for Responsible Tourism in Italy. AITR's charter complies with the Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria.
- We select tourism providers who can show transparent and accountable business operations through environmental and social audits;
- We organize itineraries that can be completed without haste, with a limited number of destinations each day - ensuring our customers can gain a greater enjoyment from the local area;
- We keep groups small, so that travelers can fully experience the destination, and this way we protect the local area from the harmful impact of large tourist groups.
- We avoid excessive organization, allowing travelers to research the destination themselves, if they want, so that they can appreciate it more completely;
- We prefer to work with locally-owned service providers and vendors (transport, accommodation, catering, etc.), or small scale, regional providers;
- We encourage travelers to spend locally and fairly (i.e. purchase crafts directly from the artist, at a fair price)
- We bring travelers to areas that have expressed the need and desire to welcome travelers, and generally aim to avoid in-season peaks, to help sustain tourism outside of peak times.