We try to do our contribution of preserving the environment and save it for future generations. We emphasize principles of responsible and sustainable travel in each level of our business: "Minimize the bad and maximize the good impacts of tourism to protect the environment and socio-cultural diversity as well as achieving positive economic results for the local community".
Tourism is not just about traveling, meeting people, different cultures - we have to see tourism as one of the world's largest industries too. Besides positive impacts, modern tourism can have negative environmental and socio-cultural impacts on: water, natural beauty of the country, beaches and islands, plants, birds and animals, traditional ways of life and cultural heritage. Principles of responsible travel can sustain destinations and local communities for the future.
Our efforts are present in following aspects of our business:
- We provide tours for small groups (up to 16 people), with small groups we can minimize negative and maximize positive effects of tourism in environments (irrespective of location: an island, beach, sea, national park or urban region).
- As transportation is very important in tourism, we support the idea of green transport; cleaner vehicle options which helps areas to stay cleaner.
- Seasonal pressures: we do marketing campaigns to spread guests throughout all seasons (spring, autumn or winter) not just through summer.
- Wherever possible we use accommodation providers which support efforts of good environmental practices such as recycling and conservation of water and energy.
- Using local employees, guides, accommodation providers and transportation services, we ensure that financial benefits remain in the local community.
- We employ local people, our accommodation is mostly provided in local run guest houses, cottages, or apartments; Our guides educate and inform guests on the tour about local culture, history, habits.
- On all our tours we use local produce and provide local-style meals, and we encourage our guests to try local dishes and delicacies. We support local economy and small business by supporting locally owned shops, restaurants, and using local guide services.
Our environmental policy
- We used recycled paper. We recycle all our waste paper (brochures, etc)
- Our correspondence and promotion is carried out via the internet and email, minimizing the amount of paper used for our activities.
- We support different local ecological associations and our staff was directly involved in afforestation (planting of pine trees in Dubrovnik area after fire disaster in summer 2007).
What you can do:
- Be informed about the cultural customs and environmental pressures on Croatia.
- In many places fresh water is a very precious commodity and should not be wasted, so use a minimum for showering and washing, especially when you are on islands, tap water is drinkable throughout Croatia.
- Turn out the lights or air condition when you leave your room, use the public transport as much as you can, minimize your waste generally
- Pick up your litter, never leave any trace in nature, when you are in rural areas please stay to the trails and don't damage or take any plants or flowers.
- Remember that your travel destination is someone home.
- Try to learn and use some Croatian worlds for example: dobro dosli - welcome.