2 independent reviews for Hebridean island hopping vacation, Scotland
Reviews for Hebridean island hopping vacation, Scotland
Tracy Flores review 2 Jul 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?North Uist hotel and island. Spotting an otter fishing whilst having a coffee stop.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Good introduction to traveling to western isles and using ferries.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?We have a hybrid car and because many of islands have single track and are fairly flat we were able to drive on eco electric for much of the time. Speaking to staff in hotel and sharing experiences of wildlife views was interesting.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?Extremely memorable.
Stella Jales review 19 Jun 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?Flying in the small propeller plane, seeing the islands beneath you and landing on the beach at Barra.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Decide on the places you really want to visit otherwise you'll end up visiting other places and miss out something you'd really want to see.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes. We stayed in hotels, guesthouses and a croft run by local people.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?An excellent vacation. I'd highly recommend the operator.They planned a great itinerary and advised us of places to see as well as booking wonderful hotels, etc. When our ferry was delayed they quickly contacted us and booked a new sailing from another port. They saved us panicking as otherwise we could easily missed our flight home.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.