Cornelia Szecsei review 19 Jan 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?
Snow shoeing through the forest in knee deep snow and sitting in the hot tub under the stars.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?
You can build up a lot of heat cross country skiing and hiking so take thinner layers for milder days as well as the usual insulated ski gear. Don't forget your
swimming costume for the hot tub! The scenery is beautiful so if you enjoy photography take your camera.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
The food was locally sourced and I felt the team were conscious of reducing energy waste - lights were always switched off, napkins reused, everything
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?
We enjoyed every aspect of our week at MoaAlm from start to finish. The chalet sits secluded on the mountainside and the team take you up and down in a
4x4 with snow chains. You can rodel down or walk down (and up!) if you prefer! Consequently you feel totally submerged in the winter landscape and nature
and the night sky is unspoilt. The yoga studio looks onto the mountains and we got to enjoy the sun rising during our morning practices led by Rosy and Polly
- the classes were a wonderful way to start the day. I have some yoga experience (my partner less so) and there was something for both of us in the classes. The food was delicious and plentiful - freshly baked cake awaits you every afternoon and we had a three course vegetarian feast every evening . We aren't vegetarian at home and very much enjoyed this aspect. There's plenty of opportunity to eat out at lunch times if you want to try the local fare, which tends to be less vegetarian. A range of activities is on offer - cross country skiing, hiking, snow shoeing, rodeling (equipment provided) and you can also downhill
ski/snowboard if you like (ski rental and lift pass obviously extra but no more expensive than other resorts we've been to). The resort was relatively quiet with no queues for the lifts. Martin, our Austrian guide, made a daily plan according to our preferences and weather report. It was our first time cross country skiing. I think the flexibility and variety that MoaAlm offers is unique and one of it's many strengths. If you feel tired, visibility is poor or the mood takes you you can relax at the chalet with a book instead. I feel this vacation is very much what you want to make it and there's no pressure to follow a particular itinerary. The 'relaxingly active' ethos describes our week perfectly - we chose to do plenty of physical activity but felt mentally recharged and indulged in the food and evening bar. The hot tub is quite an experience amongst the snow under the stars! The team were incredibly welcoming and a pleasure to be with. We couldn't recommend this vacation more and we are seriously considering returning this summer to explore more of the local hiking paths that are inaccessible in winter.
Read the operator's response here:
Hello Connie! Thank you very much indeed for leaving us this glowing review... we are smiling from ear to ear, having read it and so happy that you guys enjoyed your time at MoaAlm. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a detailed report of your time here and are thrilled to see that you are considering a return here in the summer season... we would love to see you! Best wishes and thanks again, Polly x