Steven Grundy review 31 Oct 2021
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?
Some of the yoga/meditation/workshops were really good for me. I enjoyed the company of a diverse bunch of really switched on people.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?
Try everything but donít be afraid of doing your own thing if something is not
for you. Watch out for a heavy vegetarian/ vegan culture - which didn't work for me
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?
Mainly very good
Read the operator's response here:
I totally understand that you may have not seen the actions that we take to try reduce our impact on the environment, so here are just a few examples:
* all the food we provide is 100% organic, as much as possible from the season and locally produced, and homemade
* all the food we make ourselves is nowadays vegan (we do provide cow milk, cheese and yogurt as well as an alternative to the plant milks and yogurts and vegan cheese we offer for people who prefer though as we don't want to impose anything neither)
* in term of energy, in the last 5 years, we regularly subscribe our energy contract with the "greenest" energy provider of the moment according to Greenpeace classification...we have changed 3 times in the last 5 years to make sure we are always up to date
* all the bulbs within the house are Leds/ecologically friendly
* all our showers/taps are equipped with system that reduce water consumption
* we recycle and compost as much as we can, and encourage our guests to do so as well...as we also encourage them to drink the tap water which is very good in our village instead of buying plastic bottles: we provide them reusable bottles at the beginning of their stay
...I could continue this list much more, but as a sign of our environmental engagement, we also receive the label "Green Key" every year since the last 10 years, you can see on their website all what it is required to receive this label
I hope this will help you realize all the "little" things that one can do on a daily basis and that does reduce the impact on the environment.