Sicily coastal walking vacation
US $2599ToUS $2949excluding flights
Description of Sicily coastal walking vacation
Check dates, prices & availability
Passionate, food loving, fiery, elegant, religious and beautiful. These clichés about Italians pretty much fit the picture of walking vacations in Ital...
Less effusive and more inscrutable than their mainland counterparts, Sicilians don’t conform to carefree Italian stereotypes. Life on the island has b...
Small group tours:
Small group travel is not large group travel scaled down. It is modeled on independent travel – but with the advantage of a group leader to take care of the itinerary, accommodation and tickets, and dealing with the language. It’s easy to tick off the big sights independently – but finding those one-off experiences, local festivals, traveling markets and secret viewpoints is almost impossible for someone without the insider knowledge gained from years in the field. Those with a two-week vacation, a small group tour will save valuable planning time.
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetHow this trip helps protect and conserve local landscapes and nature.
• By traveling in a small group we ‘tread lightly’ to minimise our impact on local resources and the environment.
• We work with our partners on the ground to proactively reduce waste; this includes eliminating all single-use plastic water bottles by providing refills for re-usable bottles.
• The payment of entrance fees to natural reserves and archaeological sites generates income which is used for upkeep and development of these important sites. On this trip we visit the Zingaro Naturale Reserve where the fees collected are used for conservation.
• We rewild 100 square metres per passenger to compensate for all trip and flight emissions.
Tips for sustainable travel on this trip
• Leave no trace: we do all we can to ensure we leave no rubbish in the wild and beautiful places we visit; we ask that you do the same. If there are no recycling facilities in-country, consider bringing recyclable materials home with you.
• Plastic waste reduction: please bring a re-usable water bottle on this trip, also consider avoiding single-use hotel toiletries, which generate a large amount of plastic waste.
PeopleHow this trip helps improve life for local communities.
• Local guides keep you well informed about local traditions and cultural-social sensitivities.
• This trip brings income and opportunity to the destination community through the inclusion of locally owned hotels, restaurants, and other enterprises, and by championing locally produced food wherever possible. Hotel Baglio dello Zingaro in Scopello is a family run hotel.
Popular similar vacations
Amalfi Coast walking vacation, Italy
From US $1849 - US $2179 8 days excluding flights
Walk in lemon groves and hillside villages
Snowshoeing vaction in the Dolomites
From US $2349 - US $2679 8 days excluding flights
Michelin recommended cuisine & inspiring walks
Puglia small group tour, Italy
From US $2099 - US $2549 8 days excluding flights
Puglia, whitewashed towns, traditional farmland and fine cuisine