Lanzarote hiking vacation in the Canary Islands
Explore the volcanic terrain of Lanzarote with a week-long north to south walking vacation, led by an expert local guide.
Small group guided walks Expert local guide Stylish and eco-friendly beachfront accommodation Explore Lanzarote’s unique volcanic landscapes Discover local culture, markets, beaches and wine tasting Chauffeured airport transfers
€430To€2990 excluding flights
Description of Lanzarote hiking vacation in the Canary Islands
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetThe accommodation for this trip is totally "Off the National Grid" and gives guests the opportunity to experience first-hand, creating power with solar panels, wind turbines and using the latest renewable energy systems. You never have to go without electric. The system is the largest on Lanzarote and runs on a 48 Volt system and has no problem powering the 17 dwellings on site. Other Green credentials include use of Grey water, Led lighting, solar pool heating, use of well water for pool, A+ class Fridge, half flush toilets, solar water heater, organic fruit and veg and within walking/cycling distance to amenities. The local stone and trades men we use have helped bring the retreat to a beautifully finished paradise.
Other environmental practices we follow include:
- Waste reduction: We encourage recycling and have bins locally. Any organic waste can be given to our chickens.
- Conserving water: We ask client to be use water sparingly. We use our own well water which is used for the swimming pool, we also use our grey water on our palm trees.
- Conserving electricity: We use only Wind turbines and solar panels
- Encouraging wildlife: We have planted many native trees and bushes to encourage birds.
- Building materials: the entire retreat has been built using stone from the 30,000 meter estate.
- The well and water tanks which are on the land and originally used for irrigating the farm land have been fully restored.
- Measures to educate staff & guests about our environmental practices - We educate guests/staff and local schools on the eco energy system provided.
- Office practices: We have low energy lighting, and reuse paper.
If you are looking for a car during your vacation we offer Electric and Hybrid cars, just ask for a quote. Whilst staying at this villa you can walk to the beach and beach front restaurants its just 1km.
We also offer Vacation Extras which include our Paella night at Finca De Arrieta and Meals delivered you can choose vegetarian/plant-based and low dairy foods (which reduce CO2 emissions)
Finca De Arrieta is Off grid and used solar water heaters along with solar pool heating.
PeopleWe promote rural tourism and local restaurants as well as activities (local markets, local ecological food from Lanzarote’s farmers, Traditional Canarian local shops). We also offer on arrival a hamper from a local farmer including fruits and vegetables from the island.
During these guided walks, we will be walking through the most traditional and tranquil areas of Lanzarote, away from the neon lit bars and nightclubs found within the tourist resorts of Costa Teguise, Playa Blanca or Puerto del Carmen, whilst we learn about all what Lanzarote has to offer: volcanoes, geology, history, culture, ways of life and endemic fauna & flora.
Jose, our experienced tour guide, is a Lanzarote's local and he will recommend local restaurants, markets and craft makers along the route to encourage local economic development.
Also, the walking group will be of no more than 8 people, as we believe that small groups provide you with the best personal approach and possible experience. We also love to remain small to create good relationships between tourists and the local community and control the impact of our activities in such a fragile environment: small groups, small impact.