Iceland hiking vacation, Fjallabak
£2090 excluding flights
Description of Iceland hiking vacation, Fjallabak
2022: 18 Aug
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetThese short adventures are for people with open, contemplative, active minds, who are willing to take time to discover.
Walking is as low-carbon as transport gets, keeping emissions on this trip to a minimum.
Whether you travel alone in Iceland or with one of our small group trips we encourage you to follow this basic eco-friendly rules:
- Don’t leave waste behind you, take all the rubbish with you until you can find a proper litter bin
- Recycle as much as possible during your trip
- Follow footpaths and don’t walk on unmarked trails in order to protect the flora, don’t pick native flora even rocks or stones you could find pretty!
- Drink from taps and try to avoid buying plastic bottle. Water in Iceland is really good, use a flask when you go walking and refill it each time, with fresh water (due to a wealth of fresh water rivers that flow down from the mountains and glaciers it’s perfectly safe to drink from the source)
- If camping don’t contaminate, river and spring by using washing products which can contain detergent and phosphate. Try to use organic washing products without chemicals.
On our tours we eat local, as much as possible organic with a vegetarian tendency except for the delicious grilled leg of lamb and the unmissable local fish. We are particularly concerned by offering well-balanced and nutritious meals. If you have a special diet you need to let this now before the beginning of your trip.
We support a local association called Fjoregg and have meeting to make change in a better sustainable energy, wastewater treatment and protection of lake Mývatn birdlife. We also plant a tree for every 2 customers that book with us.
PeopleOur company is a family run company owned by Icelandic/French couple Harpa /Jean Marc who are based in Iceland, that specializes in small group travel. Together we have over 15 years experience traveling and guiding. Harpa studied anthropology, Kundalini yoga and music and will tell you stories of the world of elves and trolls. She is also the president of the local association "Fjoregg" in order to protect the environment. You will have the possibility to become an adherent and support this association. Jean Marc is a professor of Aikido and Qigong and a Shiatsu therapist.
With us you’ll have the opportunity to encounter your own nature while contemplating the beauty of Iceland and forgetting yourself in the midst of the elements. Our extensive knowledge of Iceland enables us to offer original tour itineraries for different durations at all times of the year, as every season has different experiences to offer. We think that our trips provide a good balance between the region's well-known 'must-sees' and off-the-beaten-track pearls.
On each of our tours we benefit locals and focus on the quality and simplicity in everything
With your driver and guide you’ll experience Iceland more like a guest than a tourist. They will show you their favorite spots, and will tell you the stories and legends attached to every place. Tours often focus on contemplation, meditation, observation of wildlife, meeting of the local people and traditions...
Popular similar vacations
From US $3779 7 days excluding flights
Few trekking routes can match the striking vistas on offer here