Costa Rica family adventure vacation

Please feel free to email the Help Desk team if you need any advice on your vacation plans. We're always happy to help!

Departure information

This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements

Responsible tourism

Responsible tourism: Costa Rica family adventure vacation


Costa Rica is a nation that proudly boasts some of the best eco credentials in the world, and their green efforts and strong focus on ecotourism make it easy for visitors to explore their beautiful country without spoiling the natural wonders that it has to offer.

On this tour our guests stay in selected accommodations who have verified attainments in their commitment to responsible and sustainable tourism. These include Rainforest Alliance certified, Travelife certified and CST certified (the sustainable tourism certification given by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute) accommodations.

Some of our selected accommodations have their own Green Programme for training and increasing awareness amongst employees, guests and suppliers, focused around efforts for Costa Rica to become fully Carbon Neutral by 2021. This involves ensuring natural areas are managed with sustainable practices by the utilization of organic compost, conserving water through the use of low-flow showers and automatic switching off of sanitary services (urinals) and reducing electricity usage through the use of fluorescent lighting, photo voltaic cells in outdoor areas and timers for general lighting.


We choose to work with suppliers who have a clear understanding of social responsibility and a commitment to improving their communities. For example, the Tabacon Thermal Resort has a community outreach and development programme which aims to improve vital aspects of the local economy covering education, environmental protection and childhood development.

Starting in 1993, Tabacon has been an integral part of economic development in the region, becoming a top revenue source for the San Carlos municipality. They recruit locally for all levels and departments, with over 80% of staff members coming from the community and the remaining 20% receiving housing support, making Tabacon the top residential renter within the area.

We admire this ethos and we look for these qualities in all suppliers that we work with as we believe strongly that tourism is a key factor which can help improve livelihoods and build economic stability amongst small communities. We select suppliers who always choose to buy local products wherever possible so that the economic impact expands to the agriculture and trade industries, as well as tourism.

Popular similar vacations

Canada family adventure vacation

Canada family adventure vacation

The perfect outdoor adventure for the whole family

From US $1659 - US $1689 12 days excluding flights

Family vacation in Vietnam

Family vacation in Vietnam

Explore the lively streets and hidden corners of Vietnam

From US $1456 - US $1739 13 days excluding flights

Family vacation in Costa Rica

Family vacation in Costa Rica

The perfect place to take your family

From US $2142 - US $3087 15 days excluding flights

Sri Lanka family vacation

Sri Lanka family vacation

A fabulous family vacation including the best of Sri Lanka

From US $1965 - US $2985 15 days excluding flights

Convert currencies