London to St Petersburg sailing tour
£4899 excluding flights
Description of London to St Petersburg sailing tour
For departure dates contact us on 1-866-821-6866
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetClear rules when dealing with waste
• No metal. plastic or glass will ever be thrown overboard, no matter how far out to sea we are.
• Food waste will only be thrown overboard If we are more than 6nm offshore.
• The skipper and mate will brief the crew on when it is appropriate to use the on-board heads and when not. This will depend on how far from land we are, whether we are in tidal waters and on the sensitivity of the environment. In some locations. no human waste at all will be ejected from the boat: Instead it will be diverted Into a holding tank and removed at a suitable time.
• Local resources such as water and electricity can be in short supply, especially on remote islands and a large yacht arriving can put too much demand on these services and supplies. To counter this, where the skipper feels it is appropriate, he will inform the crew and ask them to maintain the 'at sea' approach: that is to say minimal usage and wastage.
• Except for our emergency supplies, we will not buy bottled water.
When exploring off shore
• we ask you to stick to roads and established paths.
• Avoid causing any damage to local flora and fauna.
• Follow the instructions of local guides
• If possible use a camera with a long-range lens so you disturb animals as little as possible.
• Don't approach dolphins In the wild - let them approach you and be very careful with them if they do.
• This trip sails to very special places such as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. When going ashore and exploring them you must respect any signs, take only photographs and leave no litter even if others have done so.
• Do not attempt to bring home any rocks or stones or other souvenirs during the trip and don't purchase these types of items from the locals as this can encourage the ongoing destruction of these places.
• Do not leave any rubbish behind, even if it is biodegradable.
PeopleRespect for other cultures and sharing our own
On these voyages we form a very tight group which is a huge part of the experience. However, as a result it can be all too easy to make landfall and then forget that we are guests in someone else's country, with their own culture and customs.
Once ashore, you'll find it can be quite the cultural exchange. Our trips are designed so that you get to mix with the locals as much as possible. The locals are often just as fascinated about you and your journey as you are about them. It's not often a yacht the size of ours arrives in town, especially with the giant birds on the side. The locals you’ll meet on this trip will love to hear about the voyage you are on; where you've been to and where you're headed. You will find they are usually delighted that we have chosen to stop at their town and will want to tell you all about it.
Supporting the local community
Unlike many vacations, on these voyages you will be the ones heading out into the local towns and markets and buying all the food we need. Not only does this mean we are eating the local produce, but it also means many hundreds of pounds is put straight into the local economy and not just via trinkets and souvenirs. We often also need to buy spares for the boat and employ a local tradesmen to help us carry out repairs. This again is a really powerful source of funds to local workmen and companies. As most or this expenditure goes directly to the locals rather than to large multi-nationals, it means that it stays in the community and directly benefits them.
Popular similar vacations
From £2399 12 days excluding flights
Awe inspiring sailing & exploration, Iceland to Scotland
From £1899 11 days excluding flights
Sail and explore Spain and Portugal