Tall ship sailing vacation, Malaga to Genoa
Description of Tall ship sailing vacation, Malaga to Genoa
2022: 12 Jun
You choose when to participate
The higher price is for Premium participants. If you don’t want to wake up in the middle of the night for a sailing watch, if you don’t feel like participating in the cleaning tasks or don’t want to climb up the mast, as a premium participant you can choose when you participate and when not.
More free time in port:
In most stops at harbours, we do public activities, open doors and deck events. As a premium participant, you won’t have to help in these and will have all the time to explore the city, coming back to the ship whenever you want.
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetWe use the sails for transportation as much as the wind allows it. A sailing ship is the most efficient and energy-saving means of transport!
1. We know the code of conduct around whales and dolphins and will respect it. No food will be thrown into the sea for them.
2. No waste, except the food scraps, officially allowed, will go into the sea!
3. Water is a precious good on a ship. When the tanks are empty, there is no more! Unless it rains. So we are very careful not to waste it!
4. Energy is only used for cooking! People on board learn how to save their batteries, and read a book.
5. Our ship is made of wood. Very durable wood. Rarely do we replace a part. A wooden ship sails for 100s of years! Plus, the ship is made of a lot of recycled parts from old ships!
6. Again, we set SAIL :). Wind is our power!
7. As much as possible we shop packaging free on local markets or buy big amounts in crates.
8. We fly the Blue Flag, which is only given to those that follow the regulations of maritime environmental friendliness and passing on of this knowledge.
PeopleAs a foundation that provides personal development training, we also stay aware of the places that we visit, as we know the importance of maintaining a local community. We think that the best way of doing this is by economically supporting them and we do this by carefully selecting local businesses, restaurants, produce and arts, rather than international chain companies, for everything we require. When needed we hire a local guide to ask for the best options.
We invite the young humans of each place to visit the ship and encourage them to join a personal development adventure and provide financial support to those who most need it. Often it is already miraculous to see the shine in the kids eyes when they are allowed to set one of the sails with their friends.
More and more we work with Erasmus + programs in different areas: with disadvantaged youth, maritime school cadets, non-formal education training, environmental activities, personal development trainer/coach training and we are always open to new projects and ideas with local communities, volunteering and courses for better leaders.
Popular similar vacations
From NKr 14900 6 days excluding flights
Whale watching, king crab safari and Midnight sun in Varanger
From €490 - €750 5 days excluding flights
Sail the Bay of Biscay speaking Spanish