Seal conservation vacation in Greece
€600 excluding flights
Description of Seal conservation vacation in Greece
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetThis trip is all about Monk Seal conservation! It proves that tourism can be a significantly important tool for conservation, by respecting wildlife and biodiversity in every possible way! Specifically:
* You act towards the conservation of the Monk Seal population in the Greek Waters, by aiding in population monitoring with your observations of individuals. Your photos can be used –with your permission- by local NGO that works for the protection of this species in identifying the individual and taking note of the population status.
* Included in your travel package is a donation to the Greek charity that operates the Conservation of this species, MOm Hellas.
* Wildlife species are not harvested, consumed, displayed, sold, or traded.
* No captive wildlife is held.
* The trip supports and contributes to biodiversity conservation, including natural protected areas and areas of high biodiversity value. Efforts are taken so that there is no disturbance to any wildlife, as well as no pollution or destruction of natural formations (eg. caves, reefs etc.)
* Interactions with wildlife, taking into account cumulative impacts, do not produce adverse effects on the viability and behaviour of populations in the wild. Animals are not followed if shown agitation to disturbance. Mothers and calves are not to be disturbed. Any alteration of natural ecosystems is minimized, or avoided all together.
-No transport used within the programme
-Walking between lodging and port
-Small boats used for the seal excursions
-Offering vegetarian/plant-based and low dairy foods
-Various no carbon activities optional such as hiking, birdwatching, yoga etc.
In order to keep our environmental impact as low as possible you walk mostly in Kammena Vourla (where your hotel is located).
PeopleOne of our core values is to celebrate a Diversity of Place & Culture whilst delivering you rich and authentic experiences at an affordable price. This is done because we are 100 percent local. Expect authentic experiences such as local traditional cuisine and local traditional architecture in an area untouched by mass tourism - off the beaten track!
We support the community in the following ways:
* Information about and interpretation of the local culture, and cultural heritage is provided to travelers by locals
* Your charity is local, offering local knowledge and expertise
* Local services and goods are purchased and offered, following fair-trade principles.
* Supporting local small entrepreneurs to develop and sell sustainable products that are based on the area’s nature, history and culture (including food and beverages, crafts, performance arts, agricultural products, etc.).
* Purchasing policies favour locally appropriate and ecologically sustainable products, including building materials, capital goods, food, beverages and consumables.