Snow Leopard tracking vacation, Central Asia
Description of Snow Leopard tracking vacation, Central Asia
For departure dates contact us on 1-866-821-6866
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetThis truly fabulous tour is all about engaging closely with the Snow Leopard's dramatic habitat and participating in the efforts to conserve it. We believe what we are offering here is unique. This trip is the very first to provide an alternative to hunting trips and we hope will create an example of how small-scale tourism can have a positive impact on species conservation.
- You will establish a close partnership with the conservation organisations we work with, assisting the rangers in setting-up camera traps, analysing the footage as well as your day-to-day tracking and hopeful search for the awe-inspiring cat. All of which contribute towards its chances of survival.
- A detailed presentation by the conservation staff will provide you with the most up to date knowledge on the Snow Leopard, its prey species and other animals in the area.
- As on all of our trips you will be provided with a water filtration bottle from Water To Go and are encouraged to use it in place of bottled water, where possible, in an effort to cut the use of single use plastics.
We aren’t offering tree planting as a panacea to ‘fix’ our emissions because put simply, it doesn’t work. However, we are still planting trees! Not in a far away land but less than 10 miles from our office in Bristol, the trees planted are aiding a rewilding effort by our friends in trust for future generations.
PeopleThis itinerary has been tailored with plentiful space for community engagement in mind. Every day you will be fully immersed in the culture of Central Asia and the conservation team's daily efforts to preserve their environment.
- The visit to a local school, in partnership with the conservation team will allow you to assist in educating the next generation of the local community.
- You will have the chance to engage in in-depth conversations with the conservancy team on a day-to-day basis as well as the unique opportunity to dine with the conservancy manager.
- As with all of our trips we exclusively use local guides and try to stay in locally run hotels and lodges wherever possible in order to invest in the local community and help them thrive.
- Our trip helps to retrain guides in conversationally-minded tourism, develops their English skills and reshapes their relationships with the international community which up until now has been focused around hunting.
Popular similar vacations
From US $3999 - US $4349 14 days excluding flights
An exciting search for the elusive snow leopard