Sao Tome & Principe honeymoon adventure
£5800 excluding flights
Description of Sao Tome & Principe honeymoon adventure
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetWe are committed to responsible values, which are echoed in all elements of our tours and vacations. We work with accommodation providers and local suppliers who share this dedication to responsible travel by focusing on environmental, conservation and community initiatives.
You will visit several pristine wilderness areas on this Sao Tome & Principe Honeymoon Heaven itinerary, including the pristine beaches and lush rainforests of Sundy Praia. In our detailed pre-departure travel pack we have included a note to remind you not leave any litter in the national parks and reserves – everything you carry in, you must carry out. Aside from the environmental damage, litter can be harmful to the wildlife. By visiting these sites (all entrance fees are included in your luxury tour), you are supporting the preservation and conservation of these areas, and indicating to authorities that tourists are interested in protecting Sao Tome & Principe's incredible natural environments.
We have also chosen accommodations which are dedicated to sustainability, conservation and responsible travel.
On Principe Island, you’ll stay at Roca Sundy, a beach lodge which works to engage guests in their mission to contribute to the sustainable and responsible development of Príncipe Island as well as the conservation of its precious biodiversity. They encourage green development options such as sustainable tourism and training for eco-jobs.
You’ll also stay at Sundy Praia, one of National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World. They use local materials, locally handcrafted furnishings, natural produce from the island in their seasonal menus, and is committed to maintaining and building harmony between the people and their island, by providing a model of sustainable, responsible tourism, with the people of Principe involved at its core. As well, all the oils and creams in your room are all produced by locals at the organic farm we have established at Paciencia.
Our UK office takes a leading role in setting the standards for an environmentally friendly work environment. We work with local government to recycle our waste and continually look for new ways to be greener, including encouraging travelers to bring reusable water bottles on their vacation.
We recognise that flying is damaging to the environment, however these flights are included in this trip to allow our customers to visit more remote areas that benefit from the economic results of tourism, including Principe Island.
PeopleDuring your time in Sao Tome & Principe, we encourage you to support the local economy by buying authentic handmade products such as embroidery and jewellery at markets, villages and small-scale souvenir shops, rather than hotel tourist shops or on organised shopping trips. When you buy products at markets, villages and small-scale souvenir shops you are helping to support a fragile economy and supporting local artisans helps keep traditional crafts alive.
We also select accommodations which have their own community projects or initiatives, such as Sundy Praia, who work with the people of Principe in the sustainable and responsible development of Principe island, as well as to the conservation of its precious biodiversity.
At Sunday Praia, nearly 60 percent of their staff come from the island itself, and the remaining 40 percent from São Tomé, the oils and creams you are presnted with in your rooms are made by the locals. The food is grown locally as well.
Roca Sundy are proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers to make a lasting impact in the communities of Principe Island. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and take supplies for the projects they support in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families.
Popular similar vacations
From £2995 12 days including UK flights
A wonderful break on the tropical isles, Sao Tome & Principe