Argentina bikepacking vacation
US $940 excluding flights
Description of Argentina bikepacking vacation
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
“Although this was a town with a main street and a railway station, and people with dogs and electric lights it was near enough to the end of the eart...
Our partners behind this vacation promote inclusivity on all their trips and across their business and we are all committed to ensuring travelers face no discrimination on any part of the trip they control.
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetOur environmental impact in our offices is low, so we focus more on the value chain. Anyway, in the office, we do waste separation and always try to reduce and reuse whenever possible.
Selection of our suppliers:
In order to ensure sustainability and consistency with our work philosophy, we always look for sustainable tourism providers that meet any of the following requirements:
- Be distinguished by quality and/or sustainability programs/seals
- Be recognized locally for their good environmental and social practices.
- We prioritize local ventures and, if possible, attended by their owners.
- In the case of accommodation, we work with hotels certified for their environmental management whenever we can.
- We also encourage our allies to improve and continue implementing environmentally responsible practices, especially those related to water, energy, and waste.
- In the more traditional destinations, we seek to offer a different travel experience, with small group excursions, certified local guides and alternative proposals that complement the most tourist sites.
Responsible practices with the environment
- Walking and public transport tours
- Visit natural areas where we work on environmental awareness and the importance of biodiversity.
- We deliver a recycled leather envelope to our customers to carry their documentation. The Vacavaliente company is a certified B company that buys the remains of leather from tanneries (preventing them from being waste) and transforms them into design products through reuse techniques.
- As part of our paperless policy, we stopped printing long-road books and change them for digital brochures for our clients.
We always search for alternative activities to those usually chosen by large groups of tourists so that you can have more intimate and authentic experiences, without missing out on the most emblematic places in Argentina.
In this tour, you’ll have the opportunity to get a close look into the local culture. You’ll visit, for example, the Pucará de Juella archeological site. You’ll also get to see the beautiful landscapes that Northern Argentina has to offer in the company of a local bilingual guide. All while enjoying biking along the roads of Jujuy.
This tour doesn’t leave a carbon footprint given that the form of transportation used, bikes, don’t consume fossil fuels. Moreover, this tour is guided by a local expert on the areas visited, favoring the area’s economy and development. You will also visit local communities, promoting reciprocal cultural exchange, giving the travelers the chance to have direct and genuine contact with the local culture.
Not only do we manage to preserve and protect the environment, but also local cultures, traditions, and economies. Rural Community Tourism allows visitors who seek to get involved with local inhabitants to live a unique cultural exchange experience and simultaneously offers rural families an opportunity to develop independently.
PeopleIn our trips, we hire local certified guides who know their environments best. We include visits to local communities and estancias. These are off the road places, where the tourists do not frequently go and so our support is crucial to them. We support them not only by hiring their services, but also by creating cultural exchange, having lunch for example, or buying them provisions.
We also recommend our travelers to visit social projects, for example, some of our clients have visited a soup-kitchen located in a rural area that also offers training to the children: organic farming, local food preparation, harvest, farm, etc.
Some of the accommodation is in family houses (private rooms), which allows a more meaningful cultural exchange, while we support the local development.
We collaborate with the local development of that region through tourism revenues. In addition, we raise awareness about the importance of cultural and natural heritage as different sites are visited, including some protected by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites.
It is important to mention that in the rural community tourism programs, in addition to the genuine income generated for the families, there are other positive impacts such as the enhancement of their cultural and natural heritage, the revalue of their customs and identity and something extremely important: young people do not migrate from the countryside to the city, as they find in tourism an opportunity to stay in their places and work.
The accommodation is in family houses (private rooms) allows a more meaningful connection. This can be seen as an opportunity of really interesting cultural exchange, while we support the local development
Popular similar vacations
Argentina highlights vacation, tailor made
From US $2830 - US $3690 12 days excluding flights
Enjoy memorable adventures in Patagonia and Iguazu Falls
Tour of Patagonia, El Calafate & Torres del Paine
From US $1285 - US $1605 5 days excluding flights
Patagonia's best - Torres del Paine and Perito Moreno Glacier
Chile and Argentina tour
From £2995 11 days including domestic flights only
Santiago, Lake District, Patagonia, Glaciers & Buenos Aires