Italy family vacation
€1280 excluding flights
Description of Italy family vacation
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetWe do our best to apply the principles of responsible tourism, enshrined in the charter of the Association for Responsible Tourism in Italy. AITR's charter complies with the Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria.
When planning our tours we are careful to select accommodations, restaurants and transport that demonstrates sustainable environmental stewardship, using local materials and produce whenever possible. We pay attention to the impact of travel and tourism on seasonal, natural and agricultural events, to minimise the impact on the local environment (harvest, plant growth, endangered wildlife, or mating seasons, etc).
Specifically for this tour:
- we choose to offer transportation by train instead of using private cars, coaches or car rental to reduce the carbon emission
- most of the tours are by bike or on foot
- products used during our food tours and cooking classes are locally-sourced, from land nearby, keeping the carbon footprint to as little as possible
- we keep groups small, so that travelers can fully experience the destination, and this way we protect the local area from the harmful impact of large tourist groups.
- the itinerary that can be completed without haste, with a limited number of destinations each day, faithful to slow travel criteria. Thus ensuring our customers can gain a greater enjoyment from the local area;
PeopleOur tour are specially designed to offer authentic and genuine experiences that can put the traveler in contact with the local people. To foster an even more personal experience for our guests, we work with local guides who will accompany you during your trip and share their insight, knowledge and recommendations with you at each junction. By establishing direct relationships with the area's natives, you will get a truly authentic taste of “living like the Italians do.”
On this tour you will visit both major attractions, like the Coliseum and the Vatican, as well as special places off the normal tourist route in a perfect mix of "must see" and off the beaten track.
Driving tourism to lesser known communities and neighborhoods helps build a travel industry that supports locally run restaurants and lodging, rather than large chains and international hotels.
In addition, this in-depth approach to immersing oneself in another culture contributes to the livelihoods of artisans and small businesses such as local producers to taste locally sourced food and wine typical of the regions visited.
Popular similar vacations
From £995 8 days excluding flights
Rafting, kayaks, canyons & beaches. Family action in Croatia