Andalucia guided walking vacation
€475To€575 excluding flights
Description of Andalucia guided walking vacation
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
When email documentation to our clients to reduce paper consumption. Travelers are briefed on local environmental considerations including appropriate waste disposal and are asked to be considerate not only with the local customs and culture but with the trail they will use.
We ask our clients to:
- Not waste running water
- Not to litter trails
- Dispose of waste in appropriate bins
- Pick up litter on the trails
- At supermarkets/shops, use a reusable eco friendly shopping bag for carrying drinks and snacks for their walk as opposed to using plastic bags.
- Reuse materials where possible
- Take a reusable water bottle rather than using plastic bottles
- Respect all animals
- Respect all flora and fauna
- Stay on the sign posted path at all times.
- To reduce international travel, we encourage clients to consider taking the train to get to the start of their trip, when possible.
- We also provide details of public transport options to clients for all our trips.
- As we provide walking vacations, our trips are a low impact form of traveling as there is limited transport use. If clients need airport transfers at the start or end of their trip, we source local taxi drivers who use modern vehicles with low CO2 emissions.
PeopleOur business model supports suppliers at a local level so the majority of clients money goes directly towards helping local businesses and their families in this area. We believe this is the best way to benefit the local economy. For example, we work primarily with small family run/owned hotels in this area instead of large hotel chains.
Our hiking package vacations offer a greater contribution to the local economy and help create more jobs in the local community compared to traditional vacations packages that concentrate the money spent by tourists in one single location.
Breakfast is supplied each morning and the food is sourced locally. We provide a list of recommendations for clients of locally owned restaurants in Nerja, Frigiliana, Maro and Acebuchal, thereby avoiding large franchise restaurants.
For airport transfers, we work with local taxi drivers who are self employed and receive a fair price as regulated by the regional Government instead of large transport companies which tend to pay low wages to their drivers.
Local Crafts and Culture
We only work with accommodation providers and local walking guides who are knowledgeable and passionate about their area and who support other local businesses.
It is important to us that suppliers can provide our clients with information about the local area including things to do (which they can assist organise for our clients), as well as details of the local history, culture and customs of this unique part of Spain. We believe this knowledge greatly adds to our clients overall experience by offering a local insight into life in this region.
Popular similar vacations
From €719 - €837 7 days excluding flights
Spanish classes + stunning hikes in Picos de Europa