Western Australia wellness and yoga retreat
AU $2610 including domestic flights only
Description of Western Australia wellness and yoga retreat
Check dates, prices & availability
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetEnvironmental sustainability is deeply ingrained into our company culture and we are totally committed to the preservation of our natural environment for generations to come. We are an Advanced Eco-certified tour company meaning our tours adhere to best practice and standards for environmentally responsible tourism.
However sustainable is no longer good enough and we are now taking steps to move into Regenerative Tourism. We will launch our 5 year Regen Roadmap in the first quarter of 2022.
From 2008 to 2021 we planted 1.2 hectares of native vegetation, 100% offsetting our carbon footprint. Through partnerships with Environmental organizations we have a range of new regeneration programs in Lincoln National Park and Coffin Bay National Park under development. These that will give travelers the opportunity to participate in meaningful conservation work making a long term impact on the regions we travel. These areas will also be used for revegetation for us to continue to be carbon positive, not just neutral.
Some of our other environmental practices include:
• Eco Tourism Australia Accredited
• Climate action certified as a ‘Climate Change Innovator’
• Our guides have extensive knowledge on native plants and animals, indigenous culture and eco-tourism and will share this knowledge with our passengers
• We spend over $10,000 annually on our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint
• In addition we contribute $15,000 annually with in-kind labour
• We pay a premium for all of our ‘green energy’ electricity produced from renewable sources
Specific to this tour:
* No single use plastic on tours
* We visit a certified organic and biodynamic farm, to educate people about sustainable farming.
* The vineyards we visit at also certified organic and biodynamic
* Passengers do a forest wildlife cruise and learn about the species of wildlife in the area
* We recycle all waste from the tours
* Our guide takes passengers on Interpretive hikes and teaches them about the flora and fauna in the local area which is a world renowned biodiversity hotspot with over 1200 species of wildflowers at certain times of year found nowhere else on Earth.
* We have implemented a "beach tax" on the tour where passengers spend some time collecting any rubbish they may find on the beach.
People* We use a over 20 local Esperance suppliers on this tour including accommodation, vineyards, farm gates, artists, practitioners, and other tourism operators, stimulating the local economy.
* We only work with suppliers and venues that have regenerative principles like us.
* We purchase food for the tour in Esperance and always give preference to local fresh produce from farm gates and small local businesses.
* We are giving people the opportunity to reconnect with themselves, Country and others. This tour is packed with day after day of wellness experiences such as yoga, meditation, mindfulness, art classes, photography classes, nature walks and nourishing food giving people the freedom to find themselves. Leading to a happier and healthier global community.
As part of our Regeneration Roadmap we have aligned our business with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). For this tour we align with #3 Good Health and #11 Sustainable Communities. We also educate passengers about Climate Action, Life on Land and Life Below Water.
Popular similar vacations
From AU $2245 4 days excluding flights
Nourishing retreat on the Fleurieu Peninsula, near Adelaide
From AU $1975 3 days excluding flights
Regenerate body, mind and spirit in Adelaide Hills