Kerala 12 day tailor made tour
£2277 excluding flights
Description of Kerala 12 day tailor made tour
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet- We believe that tourism - when controlled, operated and managed responsibly - plays an essential role in the preservation of endangered wildlife. We only offer wildlife camps and experiences when we’re entirely satisfied with their management and operational procedures, and we stringently monitor them.
- This India itinerary visits Periyar National Park: a protected area committed to the protection of the area’s flora and fauna. We work with experienced, reputable guides within the park who are conscious of the need to protect the animals and the habitat in which they live. Fees paid for park entry go toward the smooth running of the park.
- At the beginning of 2018 we launched our ‘One Bottle At A Time’ initiative to replace disposable plastic water bottles with refillable canisters across our destinations. We aim to provide refillable water canisters in our vehicles, meaning our travelers are not generating plastic waste through the daily use of water bottles (which on a full day of touring can be numerable).
- This India itinerary uses a number of travel options within the country. We encourage travel by train through India where possible, which, as well as being an immersive, local experience, reduces transport emissions. Instead of exploring a city in a private vehicle we encourage walking tours and exploration by bicycle.
People- One of our core values is to collaborate with local, responsible companies and partners who share our focus, beliefs and passions. In India we work with a locally owned travel partner who employs only local guides and drivers. By using local guides and naturalists in each destination (rather than bringing in guides from other regions) we are helping to create job opportunities amongst the local community. It also means that, as much as possible, the income guests bring to the country goes directly back into the community.
- Our vacations are designed to enable our clients to immerse themselves in local places and experiences, and we make sure that, wherever possible, the income they bring to a destination goes back into the community. This itinerary includes an overnight stay in a homestay located on an organic farm in the rural region of Kodikulam, surrounded by jungle and plantations growing spices and rubber. The family owned and run property produces fruit, vegetables, spices, honey, milk and eggs, and a stay here offers a fascinating insight into rural Keralan life.
- We have developed a system that allows clients to donate any unused currency to local charities that are vetted and selected by our partners.