Family eco yurt in Lanzarote
Two spacious traditional yurts set side-by-side, and within their own private grounds at this eco-friendly Lanzarote coastal resort.
6m and 3m yurts side-by-side Private shower room with W.C Fully equipped kitchen Fenced and gated terrace Stunning sea views Solar-heated communal swimming pool Huge range of activities including golf, mountain biking, windsurfing and yoga Eco-friendly finca with renewable energy throughout Moments from beach Village with shops and restaurants nearby
€185To€500 per accommodation per night
Description of Family eco yurt in Lanzarote
1 Reviews of Family eco yurt in Lanzarote
5 out of 5 stars
Reviewed on 10 Sep 2019 by Terrie Shaw
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?
The location is perfect. The eco village could not have been better.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?
It was good to have a car to explore the island in. If we went again I would take advantage of the food menu on offer within the village.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
The car was hybrid. There are arrangements for the recycling of plastic, glass etc. You can refill your glass water bottle. Waste food is fed to the chickens. Off grid electricity is used on side produced by the solar panels.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?
Amazing. We had s great time and would return.
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetThe construction at the Finca de Arrieta has a low impact on the environment as it is not a permanent structure and is made simply of wood and fabric. Green credentials include, led lighting (these are low voltage), A+ class fridge, recycled wood building, use of well water, linen is changed once a week in order to save water.
Its electric is supplied from natural recourses and runs "Off the National Grid" and gives guests the opportunity to experience firsthand, living with solar panels and wind turbines and using the latest renewable energy systems. It has been installed the most up to date energy systems on offer, and they work very efficiently. The system is the largest on Lanzarote and runs on a 48 Volt system and has no problem powering the 12 dwellings on site. Other Green credentials include use of grey water, led lighting, solar pool heating, use of well water for pool, A+ class fridge, half flush toilet, organic fruit and veg and within walking/cycling distance to amenities. Local stone and trades men have helped bring the retreat to a beautifully finished paradise.
We also offer Vacation Extras which include our Paella night at Finca De Arrieta and Meals delivered you can choose vegetarian/plant-based and low dairy foods (which reduce CO2 emissions)
This particular vacation home has Solar water heater.
Other environmental practices we follow include:
- Waste reduction: We encourage recycling and have bins locally. Any organic waste can be given to our chickens.
- Conserving water: We ask client to be use water sparingly. We use our own well water which is used for the swimming pool, we also use our grey water on our palm trees.
- Conserving electricity: We use only Wind turbines and solar panels
- Encouraging wildlife: We have planted many native trees and bushes to encourage birds.
- Building materials: the entire retreat has been built using stone from the 30,000 meter estate.
- The well and water tanks which are on the land and originally used for irrigating the farm land have been fully restored.
- Measures to educate staff & guests about our environmental practices - We educate guests/staff and local schools on the eco energy system provided.
- Office practices: We have low energy lighting, and reuse paper.
PeopleWe promote rural tourism and local restaurants as well as activities (local markets, local ecological food from Lanzarote´s farmers, Traditional Canarian local shops). We also offer on arrival a hamper from a local farmer including fruits and vegetables from the island.
Other ideas we support in our work:
- Local employment: We recruit locally, use local services and suppliers such as builders, trades men, laundry wherever possible
- Local purchasing policy: We encourage guest to buy local products, fresh fish and bread deliveries and wine.
- We take measures to encourage our guests to spend locally and encourage local economic development.
- We provide full information on local restaurants and farmers markets.
- We also offer local excursions and promote the islands cultural attractions and place of interest on the island at our onsite office.
-We support and help the local community and currently support the local haria football team, the Punta Mujeres bowling club and have taken part in a animal charity project organised by the 9 Lives foundation.
Popular similar vacations
From €910 - €4000 per week (sleeps 4)
Cozy Cottage, friendly tropical eco village, swimming pool
From €700 - €2000 per accommodation per night
Wow factor Villa, 2 x private pools, Sea Views, Nr Beach