2 independent reviews for Cambodia country tour, temples & sea
Reviews for Cambodia country tour, temples & sea
Trisha Burdett review 24 Apr 2014
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?Traveling around, meeting the local people, trying new foods - including tarantula. All memorable, an amazing country.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Make the effort to spend time with the local people and to visit places where they are helping the local community. It is an incredible country.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes. Tried to support the local community where possible. Sadly think Cambodia needs to learn to reduce its environmental impact.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?Truly amazing vacation. Great, knowledgeable guides. Lovely people.
Elke MacGregor review 21 Jan 2014
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?We loved our time in Banteay Chhmar spending time getting to know the town and its people with a local guide. The overgrown temples were gorgeous and almost empty of other tourists. We also really loved our knowledgeable guide from Siem Reap. He shared his passion for local politics, his difficult years under the Pol Pot regime and his wonderful, blossoming country. It was great to be with two guides who were both proud of their country and their communities and proud to share this with us.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?It was eye-opening to travel to a small town in the country and live without power and running water. To see what it is like to be in an agrarian community and to feel welcome in a small town was very wonderful for us.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?We are hopeful that our stay in the small community of Banteay Chhmar helps the townspeople.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?Great vacation that included history, temples, people, animals and as little motorized travel as possible.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.