2 independent reviews for India adventure tour, 37 days
Reviews for India adventure tour, 37 days
Michelle Weinberg review 12 Feb 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?Our guide Tarang Chandola made sure all our needs were taken care of and made sure we knew our options. It got better every day. Far exceeded my expectations.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Rajasthan offers a wonderful experience of historical buildings and sights. Religious, inside views you would not be able to see on your own, expert guides, activities and time to enjoy things on your own.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes. Enjoyed going into villages. Learning how the government is raising the standard of living in rural communities.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?My only suggestion is when al la carte is not an option the meal should be included. I donít like being forced to pay for food Iím not going to eat. Iíd rather pay more up front and have these meals included or always have al la carte options.
Rosie Saffell review 27 Aug 2017
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?Visiting the Taj Mahal and the drinking chai sitting on the ghats in Varanasi
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Understand that you won't have any control how long or short your stay in a place is. Also be prepared to be pressured from the outset by the guide for tips and feedback. I wouldn't recommend this type of tour for India.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Limited to none. There was a specific instance where we were openly lied to by the operator claiming that 95% of the money for a rug would go to the women who made it. Actually 30-40% went in commission to the guide. On multiple occasions we were never introduced to women, only male guides and hotel owners. I probably went through 100 plastic bottles of water, the only "local" people we met were when we left the group and did our own thing.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?I would never travel with this operator ever again. India is a beautiful country but it was tainted by the constant commission and tip focus of the trip.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.