3 independent reviews for Golden Triangle 7 day tour in India
Reviews for Golden Triangle 7 day tour in India
Mair Boast review 17 Nov 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?Taj Mahal would be most memorable, realising a lifeís dream. Most exciting our three day visit to Jaipur.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Ensure you have clarification on time allowed with your guide - ie not tour done (avoid rushing/timing) now my duties end Iím off, enjoy the free time in Jaipur and explore
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes positive environmental experience and interaction with local people.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?Excellent and would like to comment on the role of the driver who is so often overlooked on these tours. Surrender our driver for a major part of the tour was so considerate and pleasant also ensuring our comfort at all times, he made an important difference to our tour
Maria Craig review 25 Oct 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?The history and architecture - it was an incredible experience
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?We booked with a UK based operator- Sanjay and his team organised everything brilliantly.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Yes
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?Truly memorable
Charles Robson review 22 Nov 2016
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?Visits to the Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daula (Baby Taj) in Agra and Jantar Mantar (astronomical observatory) in Jaipur.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Make sure to see the Taj Mahal at dawn, rather than later in the day ... and make sure you have small-denomination Rupee notes (R500 and R1000 notes were "demonetized" (taken out of circulation) while we were there!).
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?I hope so, although demonetization meant that we had to eat and shop in places that accepted credit/debit cards, so we were more dependent on major hotel chains rather than local people. And I'm not sure how much of the entrance fee to palaces and historic sites goes to the Archeological Survey of India (ASI) - conservation work (e.g. at Amber Fort) seems to be chronically underfunded. Delhi and the surrounding area were suffering from suffering from a very bad smog episode while we were there - I don't think our visit made any difference in terms of environmental impact!
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?It was absolutely fantastic - well organized, good choice of hotels (especially the Maidens in Delhi and the Mandawa Haveli in Agra), informative guides, a very skilled and safe driver, and visits to absolutely wonderful sites.
Read the operator's response here:
Thank you so much for your kind review. It was rather unfortunate that you had the inconvenience of the recent de-monietization episode on your recent trip to India.Things are somewhat improving and the ATM's are now seeing thinner queues and we hope that normality will resume by the end of 2016. Our staff try to help wherever possible and we are asking folk to have a ready supply of Foreign currency for the moment and at hotels and many restaurants there is the card facilty that you can use. On a more in-depth Northern Indian Trip we would always endeavour to show a more meaningful experience which offers a deeper insight into local unique experiences which have direct impact on the local economy and people in a positive manner.Unfortunately on a shorter experience where time is really limited its often about being rather efficient with the often little time we have at our disposal and often the magic is not often apparent,however, rest assured , properties that we handpick are used for there ethical ethos wherever possible and where a guest allows us that freedom to offer brilliant unique and often out of the box experiences. Sanjay Oberoi Founder
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.