2 independent reviews for Privately guided Namibia vacation
Reviews for Privately guided Namibia vacation
Alan Marter review 6 Dec 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?Meeting white rhino up close and personal plus having cheetah cubs playing around our car
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Be aware that travel times are long, given that you travel on dirt roads for a lot of the time and that knowing how to change (large) tyres is essential!!
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?I hope it supported local people. Certainly many of the lodges seemed to employ local people. We were made more aware of conservation projects and supported these. Not sure about reducing environmental impact given we were driving a large vehicle large distances
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?Excellent. Standard of accommodation was very high and experiences were unique. Interaction with local people was really rewarding. Wildlife and scenery was stunning.
Julia Crisp review 30 Apr 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?Everything was pretty amazing but if I had to pick one thing it would have to be the dunes. Watching the sun rise whilst hiking up the hill was just breathtaking in more ways than one.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?I might suggest including at least one internal flight. Distances are huge and although the outward drive was interesting the homeward stretch was heavy on the African massage as they say.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?I’d like to think so but honestly I think I benefited more. Buying souvenirs I hope contributed a bit and of course the overall tourism industry benefited too. I made donations to the wildlife conservations but weighing it up with the carbon footprints I’m not so sure in whose favour won on those fronts.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?It was perhaps my favorite of all my adventures. Beyond my expectations on so many fronts. How can you rate a dream come true.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.