2 independent reviews for Peloponnese vacation in Greece, Mani & Laconia
Reviews for Peloponnese vacation in Greece, Mani & Laconia
Dr Rosemary Shilling review 5 Oct 2022
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?How beautiful the Peloponesse was How great the roads and traffic was in mid September How much cheaper it is compared to the Greek islands So many places to visit
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?The operator certainly took away all my worries of car hire/ airport transfers/ hotels of various rates and types to choose from. And certainly as in Glythio we stayed in an unusual and charming hotel
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Certainly benefited locals as 2/3 hotels were small and employed the locals
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?I travel extensively. 4/5 vacations a year. Travelled all over the world Yet I would rate this as one of my best and memorable vacations. I will see more of the Peloponesse and more of North mainland Greece How many times can I say, I made a friend of my travel agent. She met me personally on our last night. It was as if she had been with us every day of our vacation
Read the operator's response here:
Mrs Su Shilling, a visitor at first but now a priceless friend, today with her words gave me a unique gift! She showed me that my love for people and my passion for my work passed on to her during her vacation in Greece! My greatest desire when I created the company was to offer hospitality, love and care to all travelers who honor us by visiting Greece and choosing us to organize their precious vacations. I never treat visitors as customers and that's why no one will ever hear me talk about customers, but always about visitors or friends! Today I know that Dr Su Shilling felt what I always wanted to offer. That for me is one of the most beautiful and touching things in my life. My cooperation with Mrs Su Shilling and Mr Geoff Newsome was amazing! Strict and experienced travelers, impeccable in our communication, travelers who knew exactly what they wanted from the first moment & shared with me their beautiful moments of the trip with photos and messages via emails. I lived with them, as if I were a traveler, the trip that I planned for them. I confess, I have never experienced this before! They came to Greece as visitors and left as friends. That's how I feel! After Dr Su Shilling returned back home, she sent me friendly advice on my work. Valuable advice! I have already started applying them... All of us can always progress and become better in business. I want to thank her for her warm review and tell her that it was a great honor meeting her and her husband! Anthi Polyzoi The owner of Emelia History Travel
Karen Anderson review 13 Oct 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?We saw stunning scenery and beautiful old villages at our own pace. I felt that we avoided tourist traps entirely, and saw the real life of this lovely region. The hotel in the Mani was unique and full of character, but totally modern. We were able to be adventurous and wander through incredible sites, yet our guide made sure that we felt very comfortable and secure. We ate great food in gorgeous, but relaxed settings right on the water's edge.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?If you appreciate personalized care, great flexibility and a small group, this tour is excellent. We met the tour company owner for dinner the first night, and that proved to be a great orientation to Greece. The Mani is such a beautiful region, with tall mountains coming down to the sea; I really recommend this trip to those who are a bit adventurous and who want to see a part of Greece that's very different from your standard "Greek island vacation".
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?The hotels served lots of local products. We chose restaurants for lunch and dinner that were obviously locally owned, and they served specialties like locally caught fresh fish.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?The trip was excellent on all levels. The original itinerary was great, and we were able to easily change it around so that we had a "free day" in the middle of the trip to relax at the beach and pool, to loaf and read and explore the natural environment. The guides we had were super: well-organized and they allowed us lots of flexibility. They were wonderful ambassadors for their country: very knowledgeable and friendly people whom we enjoyed getting to know. They made us feel that they would do anything to make our trip special and unforgettable.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.