2 independent reviews for Mosaic making vacation in Turkey
Reviews for Mosaic making vacation in Turkey
Carole Trenaman review 13 May 2023
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?The fantastic care and attention given by Ingi the host. Plus the wonderful 5* accommodation. Felt very well treated.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Just relax. Everything is provided for you. Leave your cares at home. A patient and welcoming host.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?It certainly did. We shopped in the local open air market, run and staffed by local people. Minimised the food miles, supported local economy, and reduced food waste as the food purchased was specifically for me. All the toiletries were provided by the host and were green products. There was also composting of food waste, and we even ate from Ingis own produce, grown in her garden. The roof had solar panels and water tank reducing energy costs.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?Five star. Excellent all round accommodation, service, and practical assistance. Plus I produced a very competent mosaic that will remind me of a great stay.
Jade Biesinger review 10 May 2023
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?Having never done a mosaic before and coming away after a week of tuition and guidance from Ingi , I felt like I could easily start my own project and have all the information and tools I needed to be successful. It was exciting to see the mosaic come together over the week and it was even more satisfying to reveal the finished product after the grout work was done.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Itís a good idea to research the design you want to do before going on vacation so you can get started straight away. I picked a complicated design for my first ever attempt but I like a challenge and am relatively artistic. However that said you really donít need to be any good at drawing so long as you have the basic outlines and idea of colours you want to incorporate as Ingi can then get the tiles in if she currently is out of them. Ingi is a great help so you donít need to worry about a thing and she will offer as much or as little help as you want
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?We visited the market the first day to buy the fruit and vegetables for the week from local merchants and we also used local taxi cabs occasionally to get around. We supported the local Hammam and also a few restaurants during my stay. Ingi was also conscious of recycling waste, using less towels if possible ( however they were always plentiful if you need them) and making sure the tile cut offs could be used in smaller areas. Ingi integrates in to Turkish life seamlessly and is a part of the local community and likes to help local people wherever she can
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?Ingi was a great hostess and made me feel very welcome. She catered to my gluten free / dairy free diet and supplied me with cardigans to keep me warm as I had not anticipated the may weather in Turkey. She was a great guide on our time off the mosaic making and we would go to the beach , swim, shop and relax by the pool and we got to know each other really well. I highly recommend this vacation and will definitely be telling all my friends about it.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.