Patricia Mcleod review 2 Feb 2020
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?
Climbing the Pacaya volcano, swimming in the cenote, seeing the Maya sites.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?
January is a good month to travel. Other than Chichen Itza, most sites had very few tourists.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
Not necessarily. Too many plastic water bottles. The first hotel in Antigua had a filtered water dispensing system in the
courtyard where guests filled their room glass water bottle and their own water bottles. Should be at all hotels.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?
Trip was good however, some suggestions.
1. Use smaller, less expensive local hotels - save money, more money to locals.
2. Use decent local, less expensive restaurants.
3. Alter trip pacing. Could have left Merida, mid-afternoon to drive to Chichen Itza hotel for early morning tour there the next
day then a mid-afternoon drive to a hotel in Cancun so closer to the airport for morning departure. There was one other place,
mid-trip, where we could have moved along and had more time elsewhere.
4. The tip kitty is a good idea. However, the guide should give the tip to the trip passenger(s) to give to the guides, porters,
drivers so it appears more from the group than the company.
5. Guide should consult group as to what time for dinner meals. Time should be a group compromise.
6. In Merida, have better info available re museums and other tours. It was up to us to discover most info.
Hi Patricia, thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with some feedback from your recent trip. Your comments have been noted and been passed over to the Product Manager for review, as this plays and important part in the smooth running and overall enjoyment of our trips. Our aim is to deliver a product which surpass our customersí expectations. Although the trip hasnít score highly on this occasion, we value your feedback, and trust you have returned home with some lovely memories of your time away.