2 independent reviews for Vietnam culture and beach holiday
Reviews for Vietnam culture and beach holiday
David Chisholm review 6 Mar 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?Sappa was amazing as was monkey Island Beach resort
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Check on the Boat Cruise what time you are being picked up off monkey Island, some people were there one night and got dropped at 4:00 PM and picked up at 7:30 AM so no time to enjoy the beach resort, also don't do the boat trip if you find jumping from one boat to another stressful - There is a lot of it!
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?In Sappa certainly Yes
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?Excellent, The company couldn't do enough to help, and all the guides were fantastic.
Val Bodington review 11 May 2013
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?The unexpectedly modern city of Ho Chi Minh, the lushness do Hoi an, the quietness and tranquility of the Mekong Delta village. It was both an exciting and relaxing trip with the opportunity to enjoy the hospitality of the local scene and witness the energy and frenetic hubbub of the cities. From the hotel lifts that were hung with garlands of fresh jasmine daily to the wet markets selling exotic fish, we enjoyed the smells of Vietnam as much as the tasty cuisine which we learned how to cook with genuinely enthusiastic local chefs!
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Take some time on your own to step out of the guided days. Learn a few phrases to use when bargaining ( oy choy oy!) Be bold when crossing Ha noi's streets. Take a good appetite with you as you will definitely be tempted to eat as much of the lovely food as you can! Spend a few days at the end of your trip at a nice resort where you can ease up and enjoy the memories!
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?Well, carbon footprint aside as the long-haul flight must have overshadowed all our green intentions, then I hope that we contributed to the local economy by buying local products, using local hotels and using local guides.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?It was excellent. I would definitely recommend this sort of tour for a first visit. We had never had a guide or arranged tour before so it really made the difference knowing that tours had been prepaid and pick ups and cars had been pre arranged. Now we have been once, there is every chance we will go back again!
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.