Yurt vacation accommodation in Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Glamping at its most gorgeous, staying in a twin luxury yurt as part of a family run finca beside Arrieta beach. Sleeping six guests in two yurts.
Luxury twin yurt accommodation Sleeping six people Arrieta beach Eco finca retreat 10m shared swimming pool Options for surfing, yoga, cycling and hiking on Lanzarote Family friendly accommodation on Lanzarote
1295To1750 per accommodation per week
Description of Yurt vacation accommodation in Lanzarote, Canary Islands
ELECTRIC CAR CHARGE POINT:
We are off grid and we do not generate enough power to have charge points but there is one in Arrieta close by. All the cars that we offer are hybrids.
4 Reviews of Yurt vacation accommodation in Lanzarote, Canary Islands
4 out of 5 stars
Reviewed on 22 Aug 2012 by Angellique SunterThe most memorable part was watching my daughter see the stars for the first time! Zero light pollution! Also, I was so surprised by how much there was to do on the island. Nice to wake up each day and know it was going to be sunny and dry! Read full review
Reviewed on 11 Jul 2012 by Michelle ChristensenWe really enjoyed the boat trip to Isle Graciosa the operator organised it. We went on a RIB speed boat to get there, then went snorkelling, walking through the town and a beautiful lunch. Read full review
Reviewed on 04 Sep 2011 by Kate MacnabAbsolutely lovely. It is probably a huge cliche but seeing the children laughing and playing by themselves and with new friends meant I was more relaxed - it all just ticked over perfectly and resulted in a great vacation. Read full review
Reviewed on 19 Sep 2011 by Frances pinneyIt was great. Everything you might need was either thought of in-advance or provided if possible on request. The owners and staff were lovely and very helpful. Read full review
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
The eco twin yurt construction has a low impact on the environment as it is not a permanent structure and is made simply of wood and fabric. The yurts own green credentials include, led lighting (these are low voltage), A+ class fridge, recycled wood on its kitchen/shower room building, use of well water, linen is changed once a week in order to save water.
Its electric is supplied from natural recourses and runs "Off the National Grid" and gives guests the opportunity to experience firsthand, living with solar panels and wind turbines and using the latest renewable energy systems. It has been installed the most up to date energy systems on offer, and they work very efficiently. The system is the largest on Lanzarote and runs on a 48 Volt system and has no problem powering the 12 dwellings on site. Other Green credentials include use of grey water, led lighting, solar pool heating, use of well water for pool, A+ class fridge, half flush toilet, organic fruit and veg and within walking/cycling distance to amenities. Local stone and trades men have helped bring the retreat to a beautifully finished paradise.
Other environmental practices we follow include:
- Waste reduction: We encourage recycling and have bins locally. Any organic waste can be given to our chickens.
- Conserving water: We ask client to be use water sparingly. We use our own well water which is used for the swimming pool, we also use our grey water on our palm trees.
- Conserving electricity: We use only Wind turbines and solar panels
- Encouraging wildlife: We have planted many native trees and bushes to encourage birds.
- Building materialsL: the entire retreat has been built using stone from the 30,000 meter estate.
- The well and water tanks which are on the land and originally used for irrigating the farm land have been fully restored.
- Measures to educate staff & guests about our environmental practices - We educate guests/staff and local schools on the eco energy system provided.
- Office practices: We have low energy lighting, and reuse paper.
If you are looking for a car during your vacation we offer Electric and Hybrid cars, just ask for a quote. Whilst staying at this yurt you can walk to the beach and beach front restaurants it's just 300 meters .
We also offer Vacation Extras which include our Paella night at Finca De Arrieta and Meals delivered you can choose vegetarian/plant-based and low dairy foods (which reduce CO2 emissions)
This particular vacation home has Solar water heater.
- Local employment: We use local builders, trades men, laundry etc...
- Local purchasing policy: We encourage guest to buy local products and wine.
- We take measures to encourage our guests to spend locally. We provide full information on local restaurants and farmers markets. We also offer excursions to the markets.
Popular similar vacations
From 155 - 285 per accommodation per night (sleeps 2)
Stunning off-grid eco yurt by the beach hybrid car included
From 120 - 150 per couple per night
360Ί sea/mountain views, cozy studio cottage, couples/family