2 independent reviews for Romania tailor made vacation
Reviews for Romania tailor made vacation
Caroline Penn review 1 Jun 2019
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?We loved Transylvania in early summer; staying in village houses with their innovative bathrooms, excellent cooking and an insight into local life. We enjoyed the stunning countryside, the lovely walks and the great food. It was fun to have a range of convenience and comfort with a mix of village homestays and city hotels, private versus public transport, etc. The Museum to the Victims of Communism was unexpectedly revealing and interesting.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Bring a reading light for the bedrooms!
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?I think the homestays in the villages benefited local people, and encourages an appreciation in the traditional ways of life and methods of farming. The agency was happy to book us local transport when we requested it.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?Excellent!
James review 22 May 2018
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?There were many memorable parts of our vacation 1. In the countryside: milking sheep, walks in the meadows 2. Castles and Fortresses: Hunedora, Calnic (where we stayed a night) 3. Painted monasteries: all fascinating particularly Voronet
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?Our guides agreed that the current Lonely Planet (Romania and Bulgaria 7th Edition July 2107) is both inaccurate and inadequate. There are better guides.
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?I think we benefited locals by staying in some of the guest houses but some were owned by absent landlords. Our impact in other areas was not clear.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation. However we should make it clear that we are experienced travelers (for more than 20yrs worldwide) and have become fussy! The guides were very good, knowledgeable and helpful. Both were as ready to learn from us as we were from them so we had very interesting discussions.
You can trust Responsible Travel reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.