Small group Sicily grand tour
Two week small group tour of the UNESCO and archaeological sites situated on the Sicilian coastline, and further inland. Cultural insight amongst rustic lemon groves and Tyrrhenian seaside towns.
Catania Syracuse Neapolis Archaelological Park Noto Modica Piazza Armerina Agrigento Valley of the Temples Selinunte Mozia Trapani Monreale Palermo Cefalu Taormina
US $4149ToUS $4199excluding flights
Description of Small group Sicily grand tour
Check dates, prices & availability
Small group tours:
Small group travel is not large group travel scaled down. It is modeled on independent travel – but with the advantage of a group leader to take care of the itinerary, accommodation and tickets, and dealing with the language. It’s easy to tick off the big sights independently – but finding those one-off experiences, local festivals, traveling markets and secret viewpoints is almost impossible for someone without the insider knowledge gained from years in the field. Those with a two-week vacation, a small group tour will save valuable planning time.
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetHow this trip helps protect and conserve local landscapes and nature.
• By traveling in a small group we ‘tread lightly’ to minimise our impact on local resources and the environment.
• We work with our partners on the ground to proactively reduce waste; this includes eliminating all single-use plastic water bottles by providing refills for re-usable bottles.
• The payment of entrance fees to natural reserves and archaeological sites generates income which is used for upkeep and development of these important sites. This trip includes visits to UNESCO World Heritage sites including Mt Etna, Agrigento, Syracuse, Selinunte and the Mosaics of Piazza Armerina.
• In some cities, such as Piazza Armerina and Ragusa, we stay in various historic buildings in small communities. The “Paese Albergo” was born because some local owners decided not to abandon the historic centers and to restore their houses turning them into public accommodation.
• We rewild 100 square metres per passenger to compensate for all trip and flight emissions.
Tips for sustainable travel on this trip
• Leave no trace: we do all we can to ensure we leave no rubbish in the wild and beautiful places we visit; we ask that you do the same. If there are no recycling facilities in-country, consider bringing recyclable materials home with you.
• Plastic waste reduction: please bring a re-usable water bottle on this trip, also consider avoiding single-use hotel toiletries, which generate a large amount of plastic waste.
PeopleLocal craft and Culture:
Cuisine is a huge part of Sicilian culture and so we include frequent stops at locally owned businesses to introduce traditionally crafted produce and customary specialties. For example, the Modica region has a very long history of small, family run chocolate factories. So before leaving, we have the opportunity to taste its famous chocolate with chilli, which is still prepared using the original Aztec recipe, brought over by the Spaniards in the 1500s. Additionally, at Mount Etna, we arrange a wine and cheese tasting in one of the famous wine cellars of the area. Made at local vineyards, we can sample a range of wines, including the famous Sicilian desert wine, Marsala. Locally crafted cheeses including ricotta and pecorino are also prominent. By purchasing these products and other handmade items (paintings, ceramics, embroidery), we help to sustain traditional methods of craftsmanship.
How this trip helps improve life for local communities.
• Local guides keep you well informed about local traditions and cultural-social sensitivities.
• This trip brings income and opportunity to the destination community through the inclusion of locally owned hotels, restaurants, and other enterprises, and by championing locally produced food wherever possible.
Popular similar vacations
From US $2679 - US $2949 8 days excluding flights
Walk the north west coast from Scopello to Trapani
From US $3700 - US $3710 15 days excluding flights
Discover Sicily with a knowledgeable guest lecturer