Myanmar 2 week insight tour
If you’re looking for culture this two-week tailor-made tour of Myanmar has it in spades, combining spectacular historic monuments with community visits and a cooking class.
Mandalay U Bein Bridge Mingun Sagaing Pyin Oo Lwin Train ride over Gokteik Viaduct Hsipaw River trip to Shan village Lashio Nyaung Shwe Inle Lake Indein Community cooking class with lunch Bagan Tamarind Lake Village visit with lunch at village house Yangon Ngwe Saung beach
US $1770ToUS $1870 excluding flights
Description of Myanmar 2 week insight tour
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetIn this program, the style of travel is responsible; experiencing the very best of a region, a culture and a landscape, with a friendly local hand guiding the way. With the Inclusive of community involved soft trekking programs, visit to the villages, lunch and cooking class at village house, the passengers can taste more deeply to natural beauties, scenery, villages, ways of life, local culture and also have more chance to interact with local people whilst maintaining and/or improving the environment.
All our tours and activities are run by local experts, who are trained on initiatives of Sustainability Management and Responsible Travel practices. We also educate local community and raise awareness about the environmental issues and responsible behavior.
We distribute useful information sheet to our passengers which provides tips to travelers on best practices while traveling (codes of conduct / guidelines for sensitive excursions or activities). And well inform to our clients about sustainable offers such as sustainable accommodations and excursions, activities etc..
All the hotels we used are locally owned and are strong in implementing our Code of Conduct. These hotels strive to take measures in order to reduce damage to the environment. This includes measuring, monitoring and reducing our consumptions.
Regarding energy reduction, we strive to use sustainable energy whenever possible and to reinforce our light and office equipment “switch-off” policy. Water usage is to reduce by replacing toilet water tanks and shower heads to low volume units. Office paper usage to reduce by adopting a sustainable printing policy, to optimize daily printing efficiency and two sided printing policy.
We provide our guests with refillable BPA free water bottles and reusable Myanmar Traditional Bags to be green travelers. We set up a waste management system to reduce, reuse and recycle waste produced. Therefore we commit to measure our recyclable and non-recyclable, reduce the amount of packaging materials and plastic water bottles and finally to recycle batteries. In our hotels and vehicles, the trash containers are set up with the labels of Glass, Metal, Paper, Plastic and Wet Waste etc. Our travelers are well informed of our waste management system and clients are happy to dispose the waste accordingly.
In order to reduce the CO2 emission, we include transportation by overland trips, trekking and boat trips. Only 3 necessary flights are included in this program.
Here below are some points of our promise on environmental sustainability and improvement :
- River journey up the Irrawaddy River from Mandalay to the riverside village of Mingun, enjoying the picturesque scenery of this river and the lifestyles of the local people who live and work on these waters. Unlike Ava and Amarapura, Mingun was not a royal capital yet has many interesting sites to see. The entry fee we pay in this area is used for maintaining the area and environment.
- Innwa (Ava) visit by local boat and horse cart, are conducted by local people, contribute to the local economy and reducing the environmental impact on this area.
- Boat and trekking in Hsipaw is a Community Involved Tourism (CIT) program, that optimize the benefits for the local residents whilst minimizing the negative impacts on environment and community.
- Cooking class in Inle Lake, conducted by local people of the area, uses locally-sourced products, sustaining the environment and contributing to the local economy.
- In Bagan area, visit a rural villages and enjoying lunch at village house supports the local economy and preserves the local environment.
- Yangon Heritage Walk highlights the historical importance of the colonial-era heritage buildings and the need for their preservation.
PeopleWe introduce our passengers to local artists, productive projects and social cooperatives, promoting fair trade. All of the projects that are included in our tours and trips find another fundraising source in responsible tourism. Our guides inform travelers about the best places to consume from local sources during the visit. Moreover, our passengers are invited to make additional donations and purchases to the social projects we visit, as a way of showing gratefulness for receiving us and in order to contribute to their mission and sustainability.
Furthermore, our trips contribute to diversify the local economies, to give employment to local communities as well as motivations for younger people.
As a company, we mainly support orphanages at present. We work with our local suppliers closely, encouraging them to implement to our Code of Conduct. We trust in these local suppliers do their utmost to respect and achieve the standards we set out. We have a responsibility towards society to be a good corporate citizen, from a sustainable supply chain to ethical human rights.
Here below are some points of our promise on community and community development:
- Visiting Mahagandayon Monastery in Mandalay, and offering a monk is contributing to local education and the monastery.
- Visiting local workshops in Mandalay, Bagan and Inle lake are where your contribution will directly help the local economy.
- Boat trip in Mingun and Inle Lake are conducted by local people. Enjoying these activities is contributing for development of local community directly.
- Ava visit with local boat and horse cart, helps benefits to the local economy and reducing the environmental impact on this area.
- Boat and trek community involved program helps directly to support local community economic development, whilst clients can learn more deeply to locals ways of life and culture, without any negative impact to environment.
- Enjoying lunch at village house in Bagan effect mainly benefit to local community whilst clients can learn more deeply to local ways of live.
- Hla Day Gift shop is Yangon provide a sustainable market place, business and design training to support the livelihoods of local producers, many of whom are struggling to overcome disability, exclusion and poverty. It is a non-profit social enterprise and work together with Myanmar artisans, disadvantaged groups and small local businesses to design, develop and sell quality handmade products with a contemporary twist.