Finland short break
985To1085 excluding flights
Description of Finland short break
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet- All of the transportation during the tour is done by electrical train, or by bicycle to minimize the carbon emissions when moving around.
- Every activity on this tour is "human powered" which means that there is no other source of power used than the human body, for example paddling or cycling. We have also chosen activity suppliers that have a strict ecological approach when moving in nature.
- All of the meals included in the tour are vegan, vegetarian and/or prepared from local ingredients. This reduces the carbon emissions generated in the production and in the transport of the food.
- Every accommodation in the tour is certified or it has taken concrete steps towards a greater sustainability on a daily basis.
- All of the suppliers in this tour share the same sustainable and environmental values as us. Together we are committed to reduce the impact to the environment in many ways, for example by using low carbon or renewable energy, recycling and reducing waste (bio, plastic, metal, cardboard, etc.), saving natural resources like collecting and using rain water, using old building materials or creating carbon sinks by using wood in construction of buildings.
- A carbon footprint for this tour has been calculated. More information is available by the tour provider.
People- This tour provides authentic local culture, such as history, arts and handicrafts. It gives our guests an opportunity to learn about the local way of life.
- Carefully selected destinations playing an important part in the history of Finland:
1. Fiskars Village is an old industrial village converted to an artisan village. This is a place where a group of artisans and designers live and work. It is possible to see carpenters, blacksmiths, glassblowers or producer of hand-made paper at work or to visit a local brewery and distillery to taste their products.
2. Svartε manor house hotel which has a long and colourful history. It is possible to take a guided visit to the manor house museum.
3. The town of Hanko has been a summer vacation resort since the 18th century. Our hotel was the first bed and breakfast of the town.
- Every guide on this tour is a professional and local guide. This makes the experience better and safer to our guests as well as increases the local employment.
- This tour is only done in small groups so that our guests can spend real time with locals as well as locals have a chance to be empowered by the guests visit to their home area.
- All of the suppliers of the tour are tested and audited and they are following the local laws and regulations considering workforce, human rights and any other social, cultural or economical aspect.
Popular similar vacations
From US $2879 - US $3449 8 days excluding flights
Discover this Finnish winter activity wilderness week