Small group Albania vacation
Passionate, fairly paid local guides bring both UNESCO sites and local communities to the fore on one of our best loved Albania vacations. You’ll experience meals home-cooked by local families, artists’ villages, hot springs, castles, amphitheatres and more.
UNESCO sites, including Berat, Butrint and Gjirokastra Blue Eye natural springs tour of Tirana including the natural history museum Elbasan Fortress Korka Dhoksat and Voskopoja villages Erseke mountain village Apollonia Permet
US $1725ToUS $2100excluding flights
From 6 - 16 people
Optional single supplement from £300 - £330.
Minimum age 16.
Minimum age 16.
Description of Small group Albania vacation
Check dates, prices & availability
Small group tour, ideal for solos & couples:
Small group travel is not large group travel scaled down. It is modeled on independent travel – but with the advantage of a group leader to take care of the itinerary, accommodation and tickets, and dealing with the language. It’s easy to tick off the big sights independently – but finding those one-off experiences, local festivals, traveling markets and secret viewpoints is almost impossible for someone without the insider knowledge gained from years in the field. For those with limited time, a small group tour will save valuable time in planning, and on vacation.
Our top tip:
This is a concentrated tour and as such you will be on the go in order to take in as many experiences as possible. Pack light to facilitate changing hotels on a daily basis.
Small group. Avg size 12. Min age 16.
Leisurely. Sightseeing, hot springs and a couple of windy, bumpy roads via private bus (max 5hrs on day 4).
3-star hotels and pensions, all en-suite.
Accommodation, transport, listed activities, tour leader throughout.
All breakfasts and 1 lunch.
Solo travelers welcome. Single room supplements available.
19 Reviews of Small group Albania vacation
4 out of 5 stars
In depth story review
Reviewed on 27 Oct 2023 by Kathryn HeironsOverall it was a great vacation which covered the majority of Albania. The places visited were varied in size and history. It was very interesting and exceeded expectations. Albania was much more suitable for a vacation than I expected. Read full review
Reviewed on 23 Oct 2023 by Jane RichardsVisiting gjirokaster. Our tour guide, Edi, was great! Read full review
Reviewed on 16 May 2022 by Margaret PhelanExcellent Read full review
Reviewed on 02 Oct 2019 by Frona HallThe whole trip was so informative and interesting made more so by the most fantastic and knowledgeable guide. Read full review
Reviewed on 01 Oct 2019 by Helen PrestonAn truly excellent and memorable tour with a great group. We knew little about beautiful Albania, but returned home having learnt so much, seen so much and experienced so much. Read full review
Reviewed on 05 Nov 2019 by Susan RingThe most memorable part of the vacation was visiting Butrint National Park and the village of Voskopoja. Read full review
Reviewed on 12 Sep 2019 by Peter LowlesLovely country and people. Read full review
Reviewed on 25 Jul 2019 by Frances Meyerthe most memorable part of the vacation was the mountain villages and towns, wonderful icons, Roman excavations, swimming in Lake Ohrid and the Mediterranean Read full review
Reviewed on 02 May 2019 by Ian HoskingVery good. Read full review
Reviewed on 14 Sep 2018 by Andy WoodOne of the best vacations we've ever had! Read full review
Reviewed on 09 Jul 2018 by Neeta BhadauriaThe whole trip was fascinating. Everywhere we went in Albania was amazing. Some highlights were the farmhouse luncheon in the mountains, Blue Eye Spring, the archaeological sites... the lake resort at Podredec … to name a few. Read full review
Reviewed on 17 Oct 2018 by Rod KantorGood...Overall the itinerary was fine but it could be enhanced. Read full review
Reviewed on 21 May 2018 by Liz ReesSeeing a new country was the highlight. Read full review
Reviewed on 16 Sep 2017 by Anne HigginsLoved walking around the Spa town of Vrnjacka Banja in Serbia. Would liked to have stayed here overnight. Read full review
Reviewed on 12 Oct 2017 by James SmithIt was a berat--beautiful city Read full review
Reviewed on 25 Apr 2017 by Tony BarkerWe loved Albania so it is hard to think of one memorable part but the visits to the Blue eye, Gjirokaster, Butrint & Berat stand out. Read full review
Reviewed on 19 Apr 2017 by Kay Emblen-PerryA brilliant experience. Fun, educational and eye-opening. Read full review
Reviewed on 16 Sep 2015 by Theodore John LevinI feel that it supported local conservations in terms of restricting visitor numbers to archaeological sites, local museums. Read full review
Reviewed on 04 Jul 2015 by Sandra KillickVery enjoyable with some lovely memories Read full review
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetHow this trip helps protect and conserve local landscapes and nature.
• By traveling in a small group we ‘tread lightly’ to minimise our impact on local resources and the environment.
• We work with our partners on the ground to proactively reduce waste; this includes eliminating all single-use plastic water bottles by providing refills for re-usable bottles.
• We encourage guests to make donations when visiting cultural landmarks such as the National History Museum, as this contributes towards the upkeep of these sites.
• We rewild 100 square metres per passenger to compensate for all trip and flight emissions.
Tips for sustainable travel on this trip
• Leave no trace: we do all we can to ensure we leave no rubbish in the wild and beautiful places we visit; we ask that you do the same. If there are no recycling facilities in-country, consider bringing recyclable materials home with you.
• Plastic waste reduction: please bring a re-usable water bottle on this trip, also consider avoiding single-use hotel toiletries, which generate a large amount of plastic waste.
PeopleHow this trip helps improve life for local communities.
• Local guides keep you well informed about local traditions and cultural-social sensitivities.
• This trip brings income and opportunity to the destination community through the inclusion of locally owned hotels, restaurants, and other enterprises, and by championing locally produced food wherever possible.
• We have a homecooked meal in the traditional village of Dhoksat.
• We include visits to local bazaars such as Gjirokaster, Korca, and Kruje which is a great way to support the local economies and for guests to get a real taste of life in these locations.
• We visit Voskopoja Village (formerly known as Moskopole) which is an important and well-known center of art where many talented Albanian painters chose to practice their profession.
• Our local partner is always trying to operate with the locals and wider communities in mind. They have fundraised within their organisation and with their partners to help children with learning disabilities, providing school materials for a day care center on the outskirts of Tirana.
Popular similar vacations
From £1645 8 days excluding flights
A private tour in Europe's most fascinating country