Kandy boutique accommodation, Sri Lanka
US $65ToUS $125 per accommodation per night
Price includes Breakfast
Description of Kandy boutique accommodation, Sri Lanka
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
A key mission of our boutique hotel is to protect and sustain the environment in which we operate. A huge effort is undertaken by our maintenance team to ensure that we do not drain out resources from mother nature. Our efforts focus on:
1) Trees and Plants - we have a number of rare plants growing in our garden and we take efforts to ensure we preserve these and grow them so that we maintain the eco balance of our environment. We also use non chemical/organic fertilisers for our vegetable and herb garden.
2) Living Beings - our garden is a haven for a number of wild and rare local and migrant birds.
3) Water - The hotel and the gardens are maintained by natural spring water obtained from our own estate. Every effort is made to use the water carefully and we requests all our guests to work with us to preserve our environment.
We support our community in a number of ways:
1) Jobs - The community is our village and we currently employ a large number of villagers and thereby providing jobs to the community. We also operate a profit share policy where if the hotel does well, a share of the profit is distributed amongst our long standing staff members annually.
2) Product Sourcing - We source products from the village farmers and shops thereby sustaining the local farmers.
3) Charity - We do a lot of charity work in the community including maintaining the local school, setting up educational institutes for children and supporting the temple in the neighbouring village.
4) Local Culture and Village Environment - Our hotel is a retreat which tries to be in harmony with our environment. Therefore, we take utmost care to preserve the culture and environment of the village and to ensure that we do not upset the balance.