Ireland photography tour, Cork, Kerry & the Wild Atlantic Way
£3100 excluding flights
Description of Ireland photography tour, Cork, Kerry & the Wild Atlantic Way
Check dates, prices & availability
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetThe Southwest Coast of Ireland is an exceptionally beautiful and unique environment and preserving its unique coastline and landscapes is of utmost importance to our business. Where possible, our excursions are made on foot and in cases when motorised transport is necessary to cover greater distances or reach remote locations, we use the minimum, we use low-emission rental vehicles or people-carriers.
In 2014 the Wild Atlantic Way was launched to help develop economic growth and enhance the experience of seeing this spectacular coast. We will be using part of this route. As a company we endeavour to support local environment protections. Locations are carefully selected and group sizes are controlled to limit any potential environmental impact.
As a company, we are very aware of the impact that plastic has on the environment and aim to avoid/minimise use of single-use plastics in all aspects of our vacations. We discourage buying plastic bottled water. A metal or heavy-duty plastic bottle such as Nalgene to refill with water from a safe source is recommended to all of our guests.
We’ll provide comprehensive information on travel, health and any existing environmental concerns affecting the Southwest Coast of Ireland before travel.
All of our service suppliers are informed of our responsible travel policy which is clearly visible on our website. Wherever possible our work is conducted electronically: we are totally web-based company and our paper use is minimal.
Guests are encouraged to travel responsibly and we invite you to consider the following guidelines:
- When out in wild places, please keep erosion to a minimum, keep to footpaths or rights of way and avoid stepping on, or picking native flora.
- Take time to carry out some research about the area’s unique environment.
- River water could also be a supply drinking water, please do not contaminate river water supplies by washing in it. Any washing products should be phosphate free
- Respect local customs religion, traditions and personal property boundaries.
- Don’t take photographs of local people and places of religious significance without permission.
- Keep promises! Send copies of photos to local people if this is what you have said you will do.
- Read the labels and buy local products such as food and souvenirs so that money directly benefits the community.
- Reduce pollution and carry out all litter. Recycle wherever possible.
PeopleKnowing that tourism is an important source of income for the areas that we visit, our vacations predominantly visit places that are less frequented by tourists, avoiding the creation of “honey-pots” that can damage the environment and erode community heritage. In addition, our workshop visits Ireland during the shoulder season when visitor numbers are lower and our economic contribution is especially welcome.
We collaborate closely with local businesses and partners who have been carefully selected for their shared respect of our sustainable ethos and environmental values.
Where possible, food and drink are sourced locally from these producers, contributing to the sustainability of the local farming industry while keeping food miles to a minimum. There are passionate, hard-working farmers and food producers threaded into this coastal tapestry supplying local shops, cafés and restaurants and offering visits to their farms and homes to share the story of their food and products with visitors.
One of our aims is to experience and hopefully photograph what is an important part of the area’s environment and culture during our trip.
Popular similar vacations
From £3100 11 days excluding flights
Connemara, Galway & County Mayo photography vacation