Cuba vacation, West to East
Travel across the island on this Cuba vacation, staying with local families, and experiencing coffee plantations & culture, nature walks & nightlife.
Havana Tours in classic cars Vinales & tobacco plantations Cayo Levisa Soroa Bay of Pigs Playa Larga Playa Giron Cienfuegos Trinidad Sierra Escambray Santiago de Cuba Baracoa Cacao plantation Optional: snorkelling, diving, birdwatching, catamaran tour to Cayo Leguano, salsa classes and more
€2990 including domestic flights only
Description of Cuba vacation, West to East
Check dates, prices & availability
Our partners behind this vacation promote inclusivity on all their trips and across their business and we are all committed to ensuring travelers face no discrimination on any part of the trip they control.
We can cater for vegetarian and vegan diets.
Accessible tourism overview:
For us it is important to assist and help where we can with travelers that need special assistance. All our trips can be tailor made, allowing us to adjust the trips specifically to the individual. This is also dependant on the budget available.
We have already worked with several clients with limited mobility - we have organised for clients to travel via rental cars with private drivers for example. Before the trip we will contact the individual and find out what part of our trip needs to be adapted, this will also allow us to brief the local guides so they can focus on the particular needs of the traveler. Different day excursions can be provided when the activities do not suit the travelers' particular needs.
We have worked with several clients that have been wheelchair bound, this has previously involved sorting out suitable travel, such as private taxi transfers, drivers and guides. We will need to contact the traveler beforehand to find out exactly how the trip needs to be adapted. Extra activities can be provided instead if a suggested one isn't suitable. Travelers with a wheelchair will need to be accompanied on the trip.
Blind or limited vision:
Information in braille is not available in Latin American destinations, this means all the information will be delivered verbally. We can provide a host taking care of the travelers, depending on budget. We have already guided a person with limited vision, so we know how to deal with the challenges. Local guides are trained and can be briefed on the specific needs of the traveler. Programmes can be adapted for ease of travel. Travelers with severe vision impairments should be accompanied on the trip.
Deaf or limited hearing:
All information before the trip starts will be provided in a written format. Lip reading will be essential for understanding the local guides explanations. A special host can be provided, dependent on budget. While not all our guides are trained in sign language, they have access to computer tablets for communication if necessary. We have guided a deaf person before, so we know the challenges involved.
'Free from' food:
Diet requests are communicated to all local operators involved that are included in the program and it should not be a problem to accommodate most.
Our Cuba trips are all about celebrating the LGBT community. In Havana you will have the option to experience the LGBT night scene. We can also request an LGBT guide, who will introduce you to people from the local LGBT community.
3 Reviews of Cuba vacation, West to East
4.5 out of 5 stars
Reviewed on 06 Jun 2017 by Judy RavenThe most memorable was staying in casa particulares; meeting friendly and welcoming people; learning about Cuban history in context; visiting Havana. Read full review
Reviewed on 01 Apr 2014 by Genevieve IsherwoodVisiting Santa Clara and seeing the Che Guevara Mausoleum and statue was the most memorable part of the vacation...10/10. Absolutely perfect. Read full review
Reviewed on 10 Apr 2014 by Alan SheltonWe really enjoyed this vacation. We had a fantastic range of experiences and met some wonderful people. We've travelled extensively, but Cuba is pretty much a unique destination. Read full review
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetThe program offers lots of adventure in the countryside and mountains with day walks, water- and beach activities. This Cuba group tour is designed and offered by guides who are certificated in the field of ecological tourism and have been guiding in the Caribbean & Latin America for many years. This Cuba group tour of 12-19 days gives a unique insight into the Cuban culture and nature. On our Cuba tours all walks are guided by local guides and organized by local organisations that respect and take care of nature. Your tour leader and local guides have an extensive knowledge of fauna and flora. As on Cuba a green pharmacy has been developed in the last decades you also may learn a lot about medicinal properties of Caribbean plants. A vacation to Cuba off the beaten tracks with local guides brings income to local Cuban people and their families. By making use of ecological responsible excursions during your travel on Cuba, you support the people to continue with taking care of their natural reserves.
People1) Roundtrip over Cuba from West to East, with expert tour leader and mainly private minivan transfers, staying in boutique homestay in Havana at beginning and end and the rest casas particulares to connect with the real Cuban life. Private Minivan transfers with your own driver have as great advantage that we will make beach & snorkeling stops along the way, that we can enjoy more of the real Cuba and that we have more freedom than with a regular bus trip. This trip can also be done all in style with American oldtimers out of the 50's on one stretch of the itinery or through the whole of Cuba with private operating drivers who were able to maintain their family car in a good state.
2) This group trip is exceptional in that we stay at homestays as a group, separated over different homes. It gives you more insight into the real Cuban life, an opportunity to improve your Spanish and access to excellent Cuban home cooking. We always dinner together at the casas particulares one or two nights to support the families and share this moment together in the cosy ambiance of a Cuban home. The income to the Cuban families goes directly into the Cuban society and support a whole family.
3) We work at all locations with local guides, some are working for the state some have started their own micro-enterprise which is allowed since 2011. They bring in their knowledge and Cuban feeling and form part of the Cuban experience. In two opportunities we work with guides who started their own business, they can tell us about the changes Cuba is going through and they can only survive as they are exceptional guides and contracted by us. In all cases a tip is essential to support the local guides and their families with their daily living.
4) We visit two times local mountain schools, besides being an interesting and beautiful experience to see al these children we can leave a donation for the school, teachers and kids. When we visit farmers during your excursion, we ask participants, if appropriate, to donate luxury articles like ballpoints, soap and shampoo, buy some coffee, handicraft and/or leave a donation. At Baracoa in East Cuba we collect clothes, shoes and toiletries to donate to a Cuban organization, which supports people from the countryside with no resources. You can also leave clothes, mountain shoes, toiletries or other articles with your local guides after the excursion.
5) Your tour leader has guided around 50 trips over Cuba the last 18 years and is an expert on nature and culture of this fascinating island in the Caribbean. Cuba has become like a family for your guide and it is not unlikely that you might experience the same. It is a special opportunity to travel with your guide and to be invited to take part in the Cuban rhythm of life on all parts of the island! This trip is for all ages from young to old, families with children, couples and singles alike. We have several free days and the program can always be modified to specific needs and wishes on location between the traveling moments
Your guide is also a certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and can help you with all your questions about diving in Cuba. He supports several families with children with clothes, medicaments, books, second hand luxury articles, purchases of their handicrafts, and donations for constructing materials and improving their housing.
6) With booking whether a group or individual Cuba tour you receive a Cuba Manual with all kind of information on Cuba, esp. handy for the individual traveler.
This operator empowers a womens coffee cooperation Madre Solar and NGO in the Andes of Venezuela. Their vision is to provide solidarity to the entire coffee community in the area, striving to improve the quality of the life of children and families of the coffee communities. With this vacation and all our tailor made travels in Latin America you support local families on your destination of travel and you make it for us possible to support mothers and children in the Andes of Venezuela through this cooperation and NGO. Through their different programs the cooperative aspire to offer training technique in administration, management, accounting, among others and offer scholarships to students and subsidies to primary schools in rural coffee communities, as well as inspire to new forms of community economic organization.