Patagonia & Torres del Paine vacation
Spectacular. Breathtaking. You'll run out of superlatives on this 15-day small group tour through Patagonia. With jaw-dropping hikes around Mt Fitz Roy and Torres del Paine.
El Calafate El Chalten Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre Massif Loma del Pliegue Perito Moreno glacier Torres del Paine National Park Puerto Natales Rio Grande Ushuaia Beagle Channel boat trip Tierra del Fuego National Park Optional activities: Viedma ice trek and Tempranos Channel boat trip
US $3725 excluding flights
Description of Patagonia & Torres del Paine vacation
For departure dates contact us on 1-866-821-6866
We cater for both vegetarians and vegans.
1 Reviews of Patagonia & Torres del Paine vacation
5 out of 5 stars
Reviewed on 20 Feb 2019 by Claire Harding
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your vacation?
Hiking and camping in the magnificent landscape of Patagonia.
2. What tips would you give other travelers booking this vacation?
Don't bring too much! Costs rise due to high National Park entry fees, and high cost of extra excursions. Argentina is not a cheap country, due to inflation, there, and the poor £ exchange rate!
3. Did you feel that your vacation benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
Local guides and money spent in restaurants, yes. Not sure otherwise.
4. Finally, how would you rate your vacation overall?
9 out of 10, and only not 10 due to the higher costs than expected... Very varied programme made it a surprise every day!
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet1) Wildlife - We have a couple of endangered species in the area. Main one is a local small deer by the name of Huemul, and also a river duck by the name of Torrent Duck. We encourage our guests to enjoy them if visible at all time, but we give strict standards of how to behave in their presence if they happen to appear.
2) Waste - We leave nothing in the place of our camps, but organic stuff. All contaminating or non bio degradable stuff is brought back to town and disposed properly. We are very creative on how to minimize the bulk and weight to transport, as we need to use llamas (not horses) to do it.
3) We agree with our National park Administration not to allow any more fires in the National Park.
4) We encourage and support, though it was a challenge for us, to no longer use horses for load transportation as horses are the most important trail and soil erosion factor in the area.
People1) A fair deal - We hire local trekking & mountain guides, either in Fitz Roy and in Paine, so they are argentinians in Fitz Roy and chilean in Paine. We support their training and development, for example, nominating them for Top Guide prize of some of our customers, sending them abroad to exchange experiences,or giving them access to new courses, either new technic courses, first aid revalidation courses, and so on.
2) Local crafts and culture - We always encourage guests to get to the local market places, we explain the basics of local handcrafts.
3) We fight for an open business format instead of exclusive concesions inside the National Park. In other words, we fight for the idea that everyone can work inside the National Parks, not just a few people that was lucky to get there the first (though we are pioneers in the area)
4) We support with money and man power the trails restoration work that the National Park Service puts in motion every year
5) We offer our camps facilities for schools and other non profit organizations.