Ladakh cultural and rural tour, India
Fly from Delhi to Ladakh and take an overland tour of the region on a round-trip from Leh staying with local families and experiencing rural life amongst the lakes and mountains.
Delhi homestay Leh Valley Palam village Sham village Turtuk village Hunder Valley Nubra Valley Pangong Lake
US $1399ToUS $1599 excluding flights
Price is per person on twin sharing basis. Includes - Twin sharing stay, breakfast & dinner meals, over land travel in sedan/SUV, all activities, storyteller fee, permits, and taxes. Excludes - Visa & travel insurance, tips.
Description of Ladakh cultural and rural tour, India
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
3 Reviews of Ladakh cultural and rural tour, India
5 out of 5 stars
Reviewed on 15 Jun 2023 by Cecile SmithIt was an excellent vacation, very enriching and inspiring. It made a lasting impression. Also there was a really friendly atmosphere. Read full review
Reviewed on 15 Aug 2018 by Ann Clarke-OveryThis was an excellent trip where we experienced a different side to India. Indeed, it felt very much like a different country. The accommodation was simple but perfectly adequate, although you had to be prepared for intermittent electricity! We enjoyed fresh good food and drank gallons of tea. Read full review
Reviewed on 06 Nov 2017 by Vaughn LewisThe most memorable part is the people that we stayed with throughout the vacation in Ladakh and the itinerary which was put together for us. Everyday we did something amazing and it was so well planned out. Read full review
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet1. Our vehicles are of the lates emission standards in India.
2. Our drivers drive responsibly in mountains. This not only ensures your safety, but also keeps in check the fuel consumption
3. During the hikes and village walks, we educate you on local waste management and organic farming practices
4. We don't encourage use of plastic carry bags or non-biodegradable plastic bottles. We provide other alternatives
5. Some of your accommodations will be made from eco-friendly material which is a mix of wood, stone and mud. This also keeps the accommodation temperature regulated.
6. Raw material for your meals is sourced locally. It is organic, fresh and is not transported in vehicles from long distances. Therefore there is less consumption of fuel.
People1. The money you pay is used in projects like training of villagers in responsible tourism, education of children in villages which are BPL (Below Poverty Line), socio-economic development of villages of Ladakh by promoting products like apricot, building green houses and irrigation facilities through canals. We will tell you more about this as you travel with us.
2. We execute small groups. We want to be conscious about the consumption of natural and human resources of the village.
3. We are using locally owned homestays only that have taken significant steps in ensuring sustainability. This not only gives you a very authentic experience, but also helps the community directly. Facilities like cleanliness, food quality and safety are taken care of.
4. We encourage you to buy any souvenirs (if you want) from local craft centers where locals work, rather than from bigger shops.
5. Our homestay accommodations are not run by front desk staff, but by the family themselves.
6. We also contribute part of what you pay towards the development of the village according to the requirement of locals (eg. installation of dustbins and sanitation in general, contribution in schools, maintenance of homestays, salaries for local support staff).
7. We encourage mutual respect between travelers and locals. We do not support or conduct engaging activities with young schoolchildren.
Popular similar vacations
From US $2399 9 days excluding flights
Hike in N.India's Himalya, visiting Tibetan Monasteries