Myanmar to Laos tour
US $2730 excluding flights
Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Thailand
Minimum 2 Pax Price including: Accommodation; Myanmar Domestic Flights; Local Guides; Ground Transport (car/boat); All activities mentioned; Entry Fees; 2 days Mekong Boat with 2 Lunch onboard; Dinner at Pakbeng Lodge| Single Room Supplement: US$ 457
Description of Myanmar to Laos tour
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) vacation so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetSlow Travel - Border Pass Multi Country Programs is designed to ensure every traveler to have unique experience from the city to the border line of each country. Traveling through the borders, the passengers can taste authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink at the edge of the countries. As we know, “Flying” is one of the fastest growing sources of CO2, we include only three essential domestic air travel in this program in order to cover the all major sightseeing places. By using these three necessary flights, clients have enough time to visit local communities and have more chance to interact with multiple local people, villages, ways of life and different local culture. And also, land and water slow travel programs can be included and the passengers can taste more deeply to natural beauties, scenery, villages, ways of life, and local culture.
In each country, all the tours and activities are run by local experts, who are trained on initiatives of Sustainability Management and Responsible Travel practices. We also educate local community and raise awareness about the environmental issues and responsible behaviour.
We distribute useful information sheet to our passengers which provides tips to travelers on best practices while traveling (codes of conduct / guidelines for sensitive excursions or activities). And well inform to our clients about sustainable offers such as sustainable accommodations and excursions, activities.
Here below are some points of our promise on environmental sustainability and improvement :
- Yangon Heritage Walk highlights the historical importance of the colonial-era heritage buildings and the need for their preservation.
- River journey up the Irrawaddy River from Mandalay to the riverside village of Mingun, enjoying the picturesque scenery of this river and the lifestyles of the local people who live and work on these waters. Unlike Ava and Amarapura, Mingun was not a royal capital yet has many interesting sites to see. The entry fee we pay in this area is used for maintaining the area and environment.
- Innwa (Ava) visit by local boat and horse cart, are conducted by local people, contribute to the local economy and reducing the environmental impact on this area.
- Mandalay – Bagan Day boat trip instead of flying, ensures passengers to enjoy the local river life whilst maintaining the environment.
- In Bagan area, visit a rural villages and enjoying lunch at village house supports the local economy and preserves the local environment.
- During Bagan village visits, buying products here supports the local economy and preserves the local environment.
- Cooking class in Inle Lake, conducted by local people of the area, uses locally-sourced products, sustaining the environment and contributing to the local economy.
- Traveling through borders of 3 countries, takes the time to explore each destination thoroughly and to experience the local culture. This slow traveling ensures clients to have fully immersive experiences of visiting countries whilst minimizing the negative impact on environment.
- Taking slow boat down the Mekong River encourages clients to enjoy the amazing views, soak in environments and keep open to new experience.
PeopleWe are fully aware of the economic welfare of local communities and take as much opportunity as possible to buy local crafts and produce. We introduce our passengers to local artists, productive projects and social cooperatives, promoting fair trade. All of the projects that are included in our tours and trips find another fundraising source in responsible tourism. Our guides inform travelers about the best places to consume from local sources during the visit. Moreover, our passengers are invited to make additional donations and purchases to the social projects we visit, as a way of showing gratefulness for receiving us and in order to contribute to their mission and sustainability.
Furthermore, our trips contribute to diversify the local economies, to give employment to local communities as well as motivations for younger people.
We work with our local suppliers closely, encouraging them to implement to our Code of Conduct. We trust in these local suppliers do their utmost to respect and achieve the standards we set out. We have a responsibility towards society to be a good corporate citizen, from a sustainable supply chain to ethical human rights.
In this program, three necessary domestic flights have to be included. We do aware that flying is not environmentally friendly, but including these flights allow us to travel more local communities and benefit their local economy.
Here below are some points of our promise on community and community development:
- Hla Day Gift shop is Yangon provide a sustainable market place, business and design training to support the livelihoods of local producers, many of whom are struggling to overcome disability, exclusion and poverty. It is a non-profit social enterprise and work together with Myanmar artisans, disadvantaged groups and small local businesses to design, develop and sell quality handmade products with a contemporary twist.
- Visiting Mahagandayon Monastery in Mandalay, and offering a monk is contributing to local education and the monastery.
- Visiting local workshops in Mandalay, Bagan and Inle lake are where your contribution will directly help the local economy.
- Boat trip in Mingun and Inle Lake are conducted by local people. Enjoying these activities is contributing for development of local community directly.
- Ava visit with local boat and horse cart, helps benefits to the local economy and reducing the environmental impact on this area.
- Enjoying lunch at village house in Bagan effect mainly benefit to local community whilst clients can learn more deeply to local ways of live.
- Cooking class in Inle Lake encourages clients to participate and learn the local cooking recipes and taste the local food. This activity directly helps the local economy as the cooking class is conducted by local people in the region.
- Two days Mekong Slow boat trip is operated by the locals and directly benefit the local economy. As two lunch are served on board, clients get chance to taste the authentic local food. Stops local village during boat trip is really interesting to see village life on the banks of the Mekong River.
- Visiting villages during Mekong boat trip allows clients visit more local communities and local interactions. Clients can participate in local people’s daily works such as in weaving workshops and hand made products workshops. Buying local handmade souvenirs form these villages helps development of local economy and promote local products.